Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Is the EB bad??

635 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  dieseltech
I spoke with a diesel tech at a local shop today and he mentioned that running the EB most of the time will lead to burnt exhaust valves:confused013: Is this true?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
You need to be braking all the time for that to happen. Even then, I've never heard of a burned valve on a diesel because they run so cool compared to a gasser.

I say find out who his dealer is. I want some of what he's taking so I can go La La once in a while.

There are techs and then there are techs.

· Registered
2,057 Posts
I have never heard of this, I was told by a "tech" that its good to run it because it helps keep soot from collecting.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what the Dodge tech told me to do...run it all of the time to keep the nozzle from sticking

· Registered
1,054 Posts
This is a good topic. I run mine all the time and my brake wear is nothing. I want to keep on running it all the time and don't want to hurt anything.

· Registered
265 Posts
run it all the time is better then never running it. you will have less problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.