Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a buddy with a 2005 2500 dodge ctd. he wants to put a block heater cord on it. we know where the spot is and right now there is black plastic plug or cover. now i understand that the cord is a plug and screw on thing but is the coil u screw it on to factory?

in other words if we take that plug off is there gonna be a coil to hook the cord to or are we gonna have to do the coil and the cord?

· Premium Member
6,894 Posts
Just remove the protective cover and hook up your block heater cord. The block heater itself is there all the time, why they leave out a 5 dollar cable is beyond me.

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
9,910 Posts
never hear of the heater element being called a 'coil' but whatever works for you. And yes, the element should be in there from the factory, they just cheap out on the cord and sell that to you seperately...

· Registered
239 Posts
Block heater plug

I just got the cord from Geno's, when you remove the black plastic cover, can you see the angle that the cord plugs in? I see it has two holes in it and what looks like a flat plastic ground wire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.