Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 1 of 5 Posts

· Smells like Bananas
9,082 Posts
That's a tough question. I've read on here that the 2008+ intercoolers are crap and can't cool down efficiently because they are smaller. But with the mods in my sig, I've never seen over 1500 degrees at WOT. And I've run it hard.

I'm not disputing that an aftermarket one is better - or that I'd see lower EGT's. But I don't think its as crappy as people say.

For me, I'd rather spend $1,500 on other mods first - like upgrading the CP3 and fuel system. Which is what I did.
But do you have one of the little bitty Inter Coolers. They made the switch in the 08 models so some have the good one and the others have the little ones

But if a person spends the money on a Inter Cooler I would use Joe Hellmanns, Hellmann Performance Intercoolers, custom fabrication richmond texas, hellmann performance richmond texas, custom fabrication, diesel truck, welding, diesel performance parts, texas, powerstroke
His are sweet and stout. Mind you there is a science to building a inter cooler. Really big and fast flowing does not make for a better cooler.

1 - 1 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.