Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,203 Posts
There's always someone out there trying to get your money.
After the switch to ultra low sulfur diesel the snake oil salesmen came out in force trying to get the gullible folk's money by saying the new fuel doesn't have the lubricity of the old.
Not true at all.
Same thing happened when lead was removed from gasoline.
By law all diesel fuel must have the same lubricity as the old high sulfur fuel.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you mean that this XDP stuff I got in my sig don't help as much?

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
My uncle is a woodcutter and has his own diesel truck, skidder and more equipment. He said he uses marvel mystery oil (and has for several years) adding it about the same as several have recommended using 2 stroke twc-3 oil to the diesel at about 1 ounce to one gallon of diesel fuel. He said it helped in several ways including keeping his fuel filters cleaner. Just a thought to pass on.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I use 2 stroke oil in mine, but the ONLY reason is it quiets down the injection pump a bit. The P7100 can be pretty noisy. The difference is noticeable.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
That is the last reason I run 2 stroke in mine. Rev-X is a big deal on the 6.0's. Since there injectors are ran by an oil rail the rev x actually works for them.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Ive helped build a 6.0 for about a year now... Never again.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dodge stayed the same engine size since 07.5 and ford changes it every year

·
Registered
952 Posts
That's the problem with fords. They change to much. You need to build one engine then fix the flaws to make it perfect.

Sent from my DROIDX 4G using the AutoGuide app

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they take to much money and time to work on. also i think chevy around 20 hrs to replace a injection pump. ford idk

ford gotta remove almost everything to put a chip in it (6.0L)

·
Registered
164 Posts
they take to much money and time to work on. also i think chevy around 20 hrs to replace a injection pump. ford idk

Lol it does seems that way. Isn't that bad but sure doesn't beat working on the a 12v. But as far as rev-x goes it did fix my dad 03 ford (6L) sticking injectors. The truck would start a little rough around 30 degrees and under but now it can be 0 and its starts up perfect. I wouldnt use it on my 12v but i do use 2 cycle oil.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya. i dont use any additive for oil. only my fuel, when going to a big city like austin it seems to get about 1.5mpgs more then driving with out it at same speed

·
Registered
176 Posts

Can't "chip" a 6.0 it's all tuned through OBDII

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can't "chip" a 6.0 it's all tuned through OBDII
. wasn't like a programer that you plug in to the obd2 port but had to remove stuff to plug it in (inside of engine bay) maybe a control module i don't know cant recall the name truck is out of shop now

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I cant stand when people say .. chip. BAAAAALLS. Its a programmer or some other smart word. One of the only trucks that accepts a CHIP is the 7.3L. It actually is a CHIP and is implemented behind the Ebrake.

A smarty is not a chip, EFI not a chip, Edge not a chip. TS Chip for a 7.3L ... That, that is a chip.
Pringles ... chips. Cheetos ... chips. Lays... chips.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts