Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at a 6in superlift for $1k and a tgc 8in long arm for $2k is the tgc kit worth the xtra $$? Relly like some of the pure performane kits and carli but don't have that kind of coin thanks for the input

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think it is, the tgc is a long arm kit which is a big plus, and they have the progressive rate coils so it will ride very nice.. U can get the 6 inch tgc long arm kit with 4 bilstein 5100 shocks for $1899

·
Registered
630 Posts
Is 6" really necessary for you?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is, the tgc is a long arm kit which is a big plus, and they have the progressive rate coils so it will ride very nice.. U can get the 6 inch tgc long arm kit with 4 bilstein 5100 shocks for $1899
Thanks for the input

·
Registered
192 Posts
If 6'' isnt necessary you ought to give Carli or Thuren a call. Either place will set you up with a much better suspension system than TGC.

·
Registered
192 Posts
BTW, Thuren does more than what's on his website. So i recommend emailing him or calling him. He can hook you up with an awesome system and you'll never look back. I havent :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll check there websites at last look I thought they where both a lot more $$$

·
Premium Member
7,010 Posts
Do you want or need anything over a 6" lift?

Are you just trying to clear 37s?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you want or need anything over a 6" lift?

Are you just trying to clear 37s?
Want to clear 37's without any rubbing or cutting. Spend 6 months a year on back roads hunting logging snowmobile etc. But the ideas on 39.5 have me intrigued also that's the only reason maybe jump to the 8in instead of the 6in

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
The 6" clears 37's relatively easy, especially in the long arm form. Much over that and you'll want to do 8". The ride difference between a Superlift and TGC kit is night and day now. We've concentrated more on ride and performance, hence the Pro Rate Coils, long arms, better shocks, etc. There are more expensive setups out there, but we feel you can't beat it for the money. Whether you do 6" or 8", go w/ long arms though.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
What in the world is a "pro rate" coil???????

Aslo if you use your truck 39.5's will not fit with 8 inches, well not without chopping fenders and bumper. a 37" tire is the biggest tire that can possibly fit in the fender well.

·
Premium Member
7,010 Posts
Arm long arm kit will ride a ton better than a typical bolt on "short arm" kit....

8" lift and 37"s will clear everything and anything......might look a tad odd though

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
"pro rate" i got it.. progressive rate coil..... wow. ok got it now.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the input.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts