Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:CRY:A friend of mine told me that Ford owns Cummins and that after 2010, Dodge will not offer the Cummins in it's trucks anymore. Is this true?? If so, what will they use in it's place?

·
Registered
679 Posts
speechless.... no

·
Registered
279 Posts
Oh no! Not this debate again! FORD DOES NOT OWN CUMMINS! It even says so on the cummins website! Many people seem to think that ford owns cummins. They DID have a significant stock share a long time ago, but no longer do!

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Tell your friend he is an idiot. This is an old myth.
Here is a quesiton I found on I believe Cummins Faq page before they took it down for maintenance.

Q: Doesn't Ford own Cummins? If the Cummins engine is so fantastic, why doesn't Ford use the Cummins engine?

Back in the early 90's, Ford bought less than 15% of outstanding Cummins stock. Many companies buy into other products to add diversity, corner a market, or form an alliance. In 1997, Cummins repurchased all stock previously owned by Ford, and no Ford management is now on the Cummins board of directors. Since 1998 in the pickup market,
Cummins B engines are exclusively contracted to Chrysler, an arrangement that both companies are eager to continue. Ford medium duty (class 6 and 7) and heavy duty (class 8) trucks are available with Cummins B engines. Hey, if it's good enough for a Ford 10 ton truck, I think the Cummins B is adequate for my Ram pickup! You can keep your Power Stroke.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks jon! Thats what I read before too. Just could'nt remember the exact amount/ dates.

·
Registered
147 Posts
whew! I have heard about this rumor a lot! The rumor goes on to say that Dodge will implement either a mercedes or volvo diesel motor, or possibly a cat.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I really don't think that dodge will be using anything besides the cummins, cummins has designed a v-6 and a v-8 for dodge in the lighter duty durango and halt-ton pickups.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
:CRY:A friend of mine told me that Ford owns Cummins and that after 2010, Dodge will not offer the Cummins in it's trucks anymore. Is this true?? If so, what will they use in it's place?
Nope Ford used to own 10% from like 1994 to 1997 or something like that but Cummins purchased the stock back as treasury stock so ford only remains a good customer. The is the biggest diesel rumor floating around...

Thanks for your Email message

·
Registered
163 Posts
Does anyone Know the current count on how many times Ford And Navistar/International have sued each other recently?

·
Registered
689 Posts
I Wish That This Rumor Would Die Die Die Die Die Die Die Die !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Enough that Ford will no longer be putting the navistar (powerstroke) motor in after 2010, got a buddy that works at the ford truck plant in louisville and says he has already seen one of the "ford built" diesel's

·
Registered
317 Posts
Enough that Ford will no longer be putting the navistar (powerstroke) motor in after 2010, got a buddy that works at the ford truck plant in louisville and says he has already seen one of the "ford built" diesel's
Don't leave us hanging... What did he think of it?

Zach

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
he wouldn't drive one if you give it to him.... and he's a big ford guy!!! has a 03 7.3 and a 05 6.0 both FAR from stock

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
lol, I went to the liquor store the other night after wrenchin on the truck. I see a budy of mine with his brother and we get to talking. His brother asks why I would take a powerstroke out of a ford and put a cummins in? I explain why, which well is an easy explination and he says......"well it doesn't matter ford owns cummins anyway"

so I start laughing and say no they dont and you should have seen him get pissed. I asked a very simple question that is so hard for Ford guys to answer, if ford did own cummins why would they put a powerjoke in there trucks?

·
Registered
689 Posts
HAHAHAHA i can't tell you how many people "KNOW THAT FORD OWNS CUMMINS" its not even worth wasting my breath on.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
It will prob be a POS like the GM 5.7 & 6.5 diesel. The 6.2 was a deasint motor just had no power but got good milage and ran forever.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Haven't we beat this horse already?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts