Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I need new shocks, I can tell because any fillings I have have come out riding down the roads:shock:. I know it is a truck and not a Cadi, but i really want to get the smoothest ride possible. I rarely tow or carry heavy loads and I use it mostly to drive to work and back (1hr each way all Highway). If any savy people can give me some good ideas of what to go with. I have been looking at Monroes, Bilsteins and KYBs. but so many choices and no experience with these. Any advice??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can Anyone put their two cents worth in?

·
Diesel Junkie
9,209 Posts
how much are you wanting to spend/modify?

Dealer_E-Mail_Ad_120409

Now airbag it has a sketchy past but this is a possible solution

Reactions: '89dodge

·
Registered
304 Posts
I might be interested in how this pans out for you. My shocks are not so good either, and I need to replace all the balljoints and tierod ends. With that being said, I like the way it rides. When I get in my wifes 08 1500 I fell like jumping out the window because it doesnt feel like a truck. My 66 F-100 twin I beam, no power steering with a 10" steering wheel was the best experience in the world to me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can tell you what not to get. I put a set of Gabriel Ultras on my 98 3500. OMG! I felt every bump in the road-even the cross walk paint. No joke. I took them back to Autozone who exchanged them for Gabriel Max Control. Big difference and as smooth of a ride as I can expect. They are about $50 a piece.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Bilstein 5100 seems to be the most popular shock on the forum. Im running them...definitely a improvement

·
Registered
116 Posts
I can tell you what not to get. I put a set of Gabriel Ultras on my 98 3500. OMG! I felt every bump in the road-even the cross walk paint. No joke. I took them back to Autozone who exchanged them for Gabriel Max Control. Big difference and as smooth of a ride as I can expect. They are about $50 a piece.
i bought a set of gabriel ultras right after i got my truck about 10 months ago and the ride on my truck has been garbage ever since. im looking to upgrade my front coil springs and front shocks

·
Registered
48 Posts
bro, I just removed two leaf springs, and added helper bags, added 15psi, and she rides so smooth...

·
Registered
42 Posts
IMO Bilstein 5100s are about the best shocks for under $100

1 - 9 of 9 Posts