Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting one a guy said he recomended it and said he noticed a huge difference has anyone else had the same experience

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Based on what I have read and heard, they are DEFINITELY an upgrade to the oem elastomeric dampers on the 5.9 CTD, particularly for a manual tranny, and even more so for one that has has the dual mass flywheel replaced with a regular flywheel (like the SBC 3250 clutch does).

I will be putting a viscous dampner on my truck, but don't know yet if it will be the Fluidamper, which by all accounts is an EXCELLENT product, or the oem damper on the 6.7L cummins, which is even slightly heavier, also viscous (unlike the elastomeric dampers on the 3rd gens) and substantially cheaper (when you get it from either cummins or a discount mopar parts house) then the Fluidamper
HOWEWVER, with the oem 6.7 damper, you also need to get the 6.7L fan pulley to make it all work. PLease note, that I have only heard of people doing the 6.7L damper on a 5.9L CTD, and am on the process of trying to find out ALL of the info needed to insure that this mod actually fits.

The Fluidamper is a bolt on application of very high quality.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Diesels need all the vibration/harmonic protection that they can get. This is one way of getting that.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Reactions: 8lug

·
Registered
470 Posts
so if it help with the loss of vibration then will it also help the motor rev quicker and easier? maybe aid in mpg gain?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
so if it help with the loss of vibration then will it also help the motor rev quicker and easier? maybe aid in mpg gain?
I don't know about quicker, or even better mpg, but certainly the term "easier" applies, as less vibrations has got to be easier on the motor and driveline.

·
Your Delightfully Ginger Kentucky President
3,754 Posts
It will make your engine noticably quieter, but the Fluidamper makes it a pain in the a$$ to get the drive belt off. ATI, not so sure. They werent available for the CR when I got mine.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just installed my fluidampr yesterday and all I can say is wow. It exceeded my expectations, from idle on up to 2200 rpms, I can honestly say it idles smoother than my wifes Escalade. Couldnt stand to have the rpms at 2k because of vibratons in the accelerator pedal, now the vibrations are completely gone. The motor and oem dampner only have 19k miles on it, so its not like the dampner was worn out.

Reactions: JayG
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.