Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first let me be the first to say that I apologize for the silence up to this point but, it was not by my choice!

One of the contracted companies decided they were going to try and screw us so this project has been tied up in litigation for several months.

The good news is that its over (we won, if there is such a thing in litigation) and we can finish this up and get on with our lives!

During all of this there has been some fallout and we lost some code that was already complete and we lost all of our available licenses from apple for beta testing through this process. So we are going to start the beta program over and we have to use all new UDID #'s and cannot use those from the previous beta test (this meant I personally had to go get a new iTouch! :doh:).

So here is where this is at now. The app works really well, the wifi hardware works really well but, the app is not complete now.

Here is what works:

Power level changes
All available parameters for each particular year model
safety de-fueling
turbo timer settings
warm up mode settings
gear change de-fueling settings
transmission slip settings and drivetrain info

What is not done:
0-60 time
1/4 mile performance
DTC read and erase for the newer trucks
datalogging
can't set individual warnings
de-fuel is for egt and boost only right now

So with all that said, we need new beta testers to finish this. The first release of the product and ver 1.0 of the iQuad app is scheduled to be available Nov 8th. We will release all we can on the first release and then offer app updates through the app store every 2 weeks until it is 100% complete, although we think maybe 2 updates will be all that is needed for 110% function across all vehicles we support.

If you want to participate I need you to fill out our beta form even if you have already done it. Make certain that you put iQuad somewhere in the comments box so we know what you are after. Quadzilla Performance - Beta Program

We will contact you and get you the rest of the information you need. This is NOT free but, it comes very discounted. The app is always free but, the wifi hardware is not. Because I have to burn licenses I am not going to just offer refunds to anyone that wants one on this test. If you are unhappy and its not working for you then we can certainly work something out in the end but, don't just jump into testing to check it out and ask for a refund or you won't get one.

There are multiple steps to this test.

#1 I will have to send you a link to download an app that will allow you to send me your ID# for your phone.

#2We then have to build a specific update to allow you to load it on your phone through itunes.

#3 we have to send you wifi hardware.

While beta testing updates are not as easy as loading them through the store. We have to build them individually and then email them to you and you have to go through a process to delete the old version and update with the new version.

I think I have explained this as far as I can. If you have any questions please let me know!

For those that have not seen it here are some screen shots:

QZ_03-DASH-ALERT_v06.png picture by qzillapower - Photobucket

·
Registered
802 Posts
:party018:wooohoooo im glad this is back on track. thanks for the update quad.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
i've been looking for a reason to put an ipad in my truck, can this be used just for gauges if needed?

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've been looking for a reason to put an ipad in my truck, can this be used just for gauges if needed?
Yes it can be used for just gauges, although you still have to have an Adrenaline module for it to work. Think of the ADR box as the brain that gathers all the data and has the hardware for the EGT probe, FP sensor, RP sensor hardware etc. You would also have a Turbo Timer based on time or egt, your choice and it would read and erase DTC as well as some other stuff.

You would just turn the box to PL00 and it would be stock with all the features and gauges.

Also, this will work on the iPad but, its not quite as good graphics wise as the iphone/itouch simply because the graphics and code was written before the ipads existed! I have it on an ipad and its not bad its just not as good as it could be.

We will likely have an ipad version out but, not right off the bat. The APP itself is free so when the new one comes out its no big deal to download it.

Also for those wanting just gauges plus the RP and FP, DTC and TT stuff, this thing is priced so that its still a great deal. Just FYI.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
This is a pretty sweet set up. Any chance of it doing some data logging?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Now i finally have a true reason to buy an itouch. And an adrenaline. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Quad I filled out the beta testing form, but I have a couple of questions I was wondering if you could answer for me.

1) It sounds like from your explanation that each wifi module is made to work with only one specific iphone, ipad, or itouch is that correct? Meaning that I couldn't initially start with my iphone as the monitor and then just download the app to the new touch and that would be the new monitor?

I have an iphone 4 right now, but I would probably buy a separate Ipod touch that I could leave in my truck instead of having to put something in each time.

Most of the other questions I have are more just surrounding overall convenience.

After giving this some thought I am guessing that you are assuming that everyone is going to be taking this "gauge" in and out of the truck with each use is that correct?

If I were to buy one to just leave in the truck I would have to find some way to charge the device or is there something that comes along with this package that does that for me?

I am guessing that the specific guage application has to be started each time I start the truck correct?

If I were to leave the touch or iphone in the truck I would also need to turn it on and off after each use correct?

If I did leave it in the truck and maybe it wasn't charged or if I forgot it after removing it does the adrenaline just revert to stock or what does it do?

I guess I am just looking for an overview of how you are seeing this IQuad being used. I really like the idea of it and it no doubt would be cool, it just seems the more I think about it, the more I find little road blocks that would make this somewhat inconvenient. Not meaning this as a put down at all I am just thinking that perhaps I am not fully grasping the concept.

Thanks
Nick

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It sounds like from your explanation that each wifi module is made to work with only one specific iphone, ipad, or itouch is that correct? Meaning that I couldn't initially start with my iphone as the monitor and then just download the app to the new touch and that would be the new monitor?
The APP is free and you can download it and use it on as many devices as you want. You can just only use 1 at a time.

No problem to start with your iphone4 and then use a itouch the next day or the next hour for that matter.

After giving this some thought I am guessing that you are assuming that everyone is going to be taking this "gauge" in and out of the truck with each use is that correct?
In and out, either way makes no difference. Most of the available mounts are easy to put the phone into and easy to take them out of. No problems with leaving it in the truck all the time either.

If I were to buy one to just leave in the truck I would have to find some way to charge the device or is there something that comes along with this package that does that for me?
Yes, you will eventually need a charger! The make about 2 zillion charging devices for the apple products. Built into mounts, cigar lighter plugs, inverters etc.

If I were going to leave it in the truck full time, I would mount it while using it, then have a cigar lighter charger in the center console to plug it into at night. This sort of hides the tough but, allows you to charge it.

I am guessing that the specific guage application has to be started each time I start the truck correct?
I guess techinically it doesn't, as it could be left on but, that would not be practical. It is much easier to open the phone and touch the icon for the app.

If I were to leave the touch or iphone in the truck I would also need to turn it on and off after each use correct
Once again, no you don't have to, it all depends on what you are trying to accomplish though. Once you exit the app the phone will go back to "sleep" if you don't mess with it. It is pretty simple to open up the phone and app when you get in the truck.

If I did leave it in the truck and maybe it wasn't charged or if I forgot it after removing it does the adrenaline just revert to stock or what does it do?
The Adrenaline will be in the state you last left it at all times. So if you install it, turn the app on, set the TT to 350deg, De-fueling to 1400deg, warmup for 140deg and set the Power Level to PL10, then that is exactly what you will have no matter if the phone is on or off or in the bottom of the lake.

Think of the iPhone as a remote control with a display. You use it to set the box but, just like your tv, once you set it, it will stay on the same channel until you change it again.

I guess I am just looking for an overview of how you are seeing this IQuad being used.
I think for most people they will use the app to change the settings and when they are either racing or pulling really heavy. The rest of the time you will leave the Adrenaline setup how you like it and use the app on and off depending on what you are doing.

To me the flexibility and not having to have it on all the time is one of its greatest features. I also think it keeps you from having multi devices in the cab or dedicated devices if you don't want the clutter or don't want to keep up with all of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts