Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has come across or knows of an Ipod interface cable for the single disc REF radio. It has the aux input on the front of it and that's what I was using until my Ipod, mount and cable were recently stolen out of my truck. I was thinking that I'd be better off if and interface cable was available. And I also like the idea of being able to skip tracks using the steering wheel mounted controls.

Thanks
Raymond

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
This was in another thread in a different forum. The discussion was on the radios in the Dodge and using the overprice Sirius/XM music system. The I pod and Mp3 players were mention and a long with the I pod interface. So here is the web site:
Dodge Ram FM Modulated iPod Interface
Hope this helps?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was in another thread in a different forum. The discussion was on the radios in the Dodge and using the overprice Sirius/XM music system. The I pod and Mp3 players were mention and a long with the I pod interface. So here is the web site:
Dodge Ram FM Modulated iPod Interface
Hope this helps?
Actually I was looking for one that didn't use fFM modulation.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
try PAC audio

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Both units recommended are close to what I'm looking for. But the first one from Pac audio is not compatible with the REF Radio. And the second from HID is compatible with the REF radio but you lose the satellite radio option.

Any other suggestions? What about the one available through Mopar? I've heard that it you have siruis presets that you will lose them. Anyone know if this is just since they are lost when you make the connections and then you have to re program them or do you lose the ability to program them?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Both units recommended are close to what I'm looking for. But the first one from Pac audio is not compatible with the REF Radio. And the second from HID is compatible with the REF radio but you lose the satellite radio option.

Any other suggestions? What about the one available through Mopar? I've heard that it you have siruis presets that you will lose them. Anyone know if this is just since they are lost when you make the connections and then you have to re program them or do you lose the ability to program them?

Thanks
There is one that goes through the RSE port I can get you. Should be the same price as the SAT one. Let me know, and I can inquire on it.

Here's the one that goes in through the RSE Port

http://hid-solutions.com/products/05%2d08-DPx%2b-AUXILIARY-AUDIO-INPUT-CHRYSLER-CAN%2dBUS.html

You will need the ipod connector as well, as that's just the audio input. Here is the Audio Video one, you would just need the Audio one which I believe is $10 cheaper
http://hid-solutions.com/products/RCA-A{47}V-PLUGS-to-iPod-Adaptor.html

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is one that goes through the RSE port I can get you. Should be the same price as the SAT one. Let me know, and I can inquire on it.

Here's the one that goes in through the RSE Port

05-08 DPx+ AUXILIARY AUDIO INPUT CHRYSLER CAN-BUS - HID Solutions

You will need the ipod connector as well, as that's just the audio input. Here is the Audio Video one, you would just need the Audio one which I believe is $10 cheaper
RCA A/V PLUGS to iPod Adaptor - HID Solutions
Thanks but that still doesn't do me any good. In the description it doesn't say it's compatible with the REF radio. And I don't have the RSE in my truck.

The other option that I have to to change out the radio. I can find a RAQ unit and swap them out. Has anyone done this? What about your satellite info? Is it stored in the redio untio or in the satellite interface?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well I just got the xm sky dock i dose go to the port on the front of the radio. But it dose charge the ipod touch and will play itunes or satellite and can now see who's playing then take it out so know one wants it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have the same one as Khaki...works good...iPod plugs into the adapter and i can control it through the steering wheel controls...good clear sound

there are some issues that i have with it...
there is no shuffle feature
to change playlists it is easier to reach over, unplug the iPod start the playlist you want and plug it back in
sometimes it wont change the song...changes the number but the track stays the same...

but if you can get past all that it works with pretty good...i went that route because I didnt want i new stereo living in an apartment...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you know what it means in the Mopar item description when it says that the sirius presets will be erased when the ipod is used? Is that any time that the ipod is used or only when you first hook it up?

·
Registered
166 Posts
they don't get erased...i haven't had any problems with my presets going away...but if you use the same playlist and set the presets for that playlist, it will change them on the sirius as well...they use the same settings...if you don't do presets for the iPod you shouldn't have any problems...

been using mine that way for about 18 months now and no issues...

·
08 Cummins
2,318 Posts
Do you know what it means in the Mopar item description when it says that the sirius presets will be erased when the ipod is used? Is that any time that the ipod is used or only when you first hook it up?
I never used my Sirius so I can't really say.... I just know that they both worked until my free Sirius expired...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.