Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 with the infinity system. What would it take to wire a headphone type port that I can plug my iphone into to listen to MP3s? Similar to the aux port that my 07 and 10 have. Thanks

·
Registered
896 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kind of like the factory infinity deck. The speakers sound good enough for me. I am not an audio nut. My 2010 has the alpine system with amp and subwoofer, roof speakers etc and I never turn it up loud enough to hear it.

I was hoping that I could use a port on the back, RCA or cd changer port and just put an adapter in the dash somewhere. I thought I read about one a while back but can't find it now...

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
If your Infinity has a socket on the back for a changer (mine didn't) all you need is the correct jack.
You can by kits with the jack that adapts down to a straight three connector plug like is used for the audio input on most computers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
98ramtough
I agree with you i like the Infinity deck and I really like the controls on the wheel. Did you find a solution for the ipod yet?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I like to run my IPhone and MP3 off my factory Infinity system using a cassette adapter. Just push the cassette in and plug your device into the attached jack. It works great and requires no modification. Picked it up at Wally World for about $12.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a cord that you plug into the cigarette lighter port, and it sends the music to a radio station, then you go to that station, and pick your song!!! works great too..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts