Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to get the The Theren equivilent to the Carli starter system soon and ill be installing it myself.

my question is do i have to put it on a hoist? we have a jack and jack stands at work but do you think they will go high enough, id hate to go to slide the new coils in and find i cant fit them because the jack stand is maxxed out

we have several hoists but i work at a european shop so they arent able to handle the weight of my truck. the muffler shop has drive on racks that i use to do general maintenance on my truck.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Regular jack stands and some blocks will do the job. Where are u at in socal? If u are near Corona, i can help you at my house if u like. What exactly do u have in parts? But its fairly simple..

You just wanna b able to droop out the whole front end. So u need to jack up the truck under the front axle as high has u can so that u can get some 4x6 blocks of wood on each side of frame with jack stands ofcourse lol and support the truck right near the transmission crossmember.

Disconnect the sway bar end links , track bar(since u have new one right?) and control arm bolts at the axle so that will allow u to droop out the front as much as u need. Install the track bar on last.

Let me know if i can u out in anyway.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I use 6 ton stands and remove sway bar and trac bar. I don't bother with control arms but use a spring compressor to help.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I'll be using stands with lots of wood under them, I'll let you know if I need any help.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I did my 3" Thuren install in my angled driveway, no lift. You can do it. I have a thread on here.

Reactions: TonkaToy
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.