Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Diesel Synthetic Motor Oil in 15W-40 by Green Oil

First things first
First off, we'd like to say thanks for taking a look at our post. We're hoping to get more involved with the community and are always open to hearing what you have to say, and although we can't mold each product to please everyone, we'll do our best to target what the community as a whole wants.

Who are we?
Green Oil is a Southern California-based company whose primary focus (up until now) was on a mobile oil change service for fleet vehicles. We are a community and charity oriented company (we donate $1 of every oil change to charity) that's run by

What is it?
The oil that we'll be offering is a Diesel Synthetic motor oil in 15W40. Our HDDO (heavy duty diesel oil) meets API CJ-4 and the rigorous Mack T-11 standards.

What's "green" about it?
Aside from the more environmentally-beneficial aspects of diesel, such as longer periods of time between drain cycles, we have created a Bottle Rebate Program

It's our way of making sure the bottles are recycled and giving you a little something extra.

What we're doing
Right now we're trying to get the word out about our 15W40 Diesel Synthetic and trying to get to know all of you guys a little bit better. Which is why we've put together a give away for those of you who are willing to fill out our little survey and would be cool with signing up for our newsletter (no more than one email a month, we promise! --and you can opt out after the first one). We won't sell, rent, or abuse any of your personal information.

The Sweepstakes! What's up for grabs?
We're giving away **15** of these winner packages! To be drawn on December 15th

Three jugs (5 quarts each) of our Diesel Synthetic 15W40 Motor Oil

One 6" Stainless Steel RBP Exhaust Tip (your choice of black or polished)

.... and the only way to win is to click the SURVEY link at the bottom of our diesel synthetic page. If you have 2 minutes to share some basic information with us, you'll have the chance to be one of 15 lucky winners!

Lastly
THANK YOU for your time! Any questions you have about the survey, our Diesel Synthetic, or how it can help out you / your truck, please don't hesitate to PM me.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Welcome... saw you post in a couple of threads and your name got me wondering.

How does your oil compare to Amsoil or Mobile 1?

·
Registered
53 Posts
ide try it but i dont know anything about it. im a amsoil guy more in depth

Reactions: Green Oil

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome... saw you post in a couple of threads and your name got me wondering.

How does your oil compare to Amsoil or Mobile 1?
I can't speak for Amsoil, but I'm sure if you PM one of their reps they could give you enough information to make a comparison :)

:SMART: As for our oil..

I can tell you that it's developed to be of the highest quality. Our oil meets Mack (same Mack as big rigs) T-11 standards---which are the highest, most rigorous standards in diesel motor oil. That means that it also complies with and exceeds all of the other standards, like API CJ-4, Caterpillar ECF-3/2, Vovlo EDS-4, Cummins 20081, MB228.31, etc.

And for those who buy our oil, we have our bottle rebate program where you send in 3 empties that you bought and receive a free 5 quart jug. It's our way of trying to make sure you're happy and that we can get the jugs back to recycle.

Feel free to PM me if you want more tech info :thumbsup:

·
Registered
366 Posts
One more question... any ideas as to how long between oil changes? 10,000 miles? 15,000? Have you seen any oil analysis results after these intervals?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We'd recommend the 10-12k interval, but it's really up to you. As you know, everyone's trucks/driving habits/conditions are different.

We've actually had a couple members on a few forums volunteer to do an oil analysis after their first cycle of using our oil so you can see results in everyday trucks.

I'll post them up for you when we get some feedback

·
Registered
254 Posts
Any plans to offer more than just the 15W 40? What is the pour point on it?

Cheers!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I filled out the survey!! Id be cool if some CF members won!!:headbang:

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
I just did too. I'm a born loser though,but maybe this'll break my bad luck. I've got an oil change coming up.

·
Registered
165 Posts
What type of basestock is your oil made of, ie, Group III, IV, or V? Or is it a blend of the the above? Thanks, and NO, I am not an amsoil marketeer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks again for all the support we really appreciate it. I will get in touch with a our lab/tech department and get you some technical info asap.

Thanks Green Oil

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks again for all the support we really appreciate it. I will get in touch with a our lab/tech department and get you some technical info asap.

Thanks Green Oil
That would be great, especially to see a virgin oil analysis.

I did enter the contest though and also don't have much interest in the tip, but maybe we can come up with some cool way to get some money for charity out of it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey guys, thanks for the questions/entries.. and congrats to the winners.

Our oil specs are up on our website here:
Green Oil - Diesel Synthetic Motor Oil in 15W40

And we use all group 4 base oil, as our oil is a full synthetic and not some synthetic blend :stirpot:

as always--feel free to PM me for any info you need or specific questions :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts