Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck is a 07 5.9. For the last month or so, when I go out and start the truck after I have already started it for the first time in the day, it hesitates, like it's trying to start but doesn't. I stop turning the key, wait a sec and it starts up fine. No codes were thrown until yesterday. They are below and all over the place.

P0513- Invalid SKIM Key
P2509- ECM/PCM Power Input Signal Intermittent
U1403- Implausible Fuel Level Signal Received

I cleared them, turned off the truck, and came out a few hours later and the codes were thrown. But this morning, no codes, but later they were back, so it is very intermittent. Truck runs like a top.

I have a scangauge hooked up (although this is not my main code scanner) and voltage is 13.9-14.0 at low rpms, 14.0-14.1 at higher. I disconnected the batteries tonight, one was 12.75, the other was 12.80. So the pair and alternator look good.

I do know the check valve on top of the tank is bad, found this out when I let my aux tank open overnight and came out to a large diesel area, so I don't do that anymore. That is the only issue I am aware of with the tank. I will drop and fix sometime. Perhaps it's coincidence, or not.

My wife has a key and she has never experienced this, but has heard it happen to me. So I am thinking it is the transponder in my key? Ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Truck is a 07 5.9. For the last month or so, when I go out and start the truck after I have already started it for the first time in the day, it hesitates, like it's trying to start but

P0513- Invalid SKIM Key
P2509- ECM/PCM Power Input Signal Intermittent
U1403- Implausible Fuel Level Signal Received

I cleared them, turned off the truck, and came out a few hours later and the codes were thrown. But this morning, no codes, but later they were back, so it is very intermittent. Truck runs like a top.

I have a scangauge hooked up (although this is not my main code scanner) and voltage is 13.9-14.0 at low rpms, 14.0-14.1 at higher. I disconnected the batteries tonight, one was 12.75, the other was 12.80. So the pair and alternator look good.

I do know the check valve on top of the tank is bad, found this out when I let my aux tank open overnight and came out to a large diesel area, so I don't do that anymore. That is the only issue I am aware of with the tank. I will drop and fix sometime. Perhaps it's coincidence, or not.

My wife has a key and she has never experienced this, but has heard it happen to me. So I am thinking it is the transponder in my key? Ideas?
I just finished repairing the skim code on my truck. If you put the key in the On position and the antitheft like comes and then blinks the computer is locked and some locksmiths can unblock it and reprogram a new key to it. If the light comes on and stays solid the ecm is fried.maybe you just need a reflash because my seatbelt chime wasn’t working and with the reprogram it started again

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To follow up, I had some corrosion on the cables/battery posts, so I cleaned them very well and topped off the water in the batteries. After doing so, my volts went back to 14.2-14.3, so there was a drop somewhere. Will drive it and report back if I still see issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts