Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 ram 2500 6.7 cummins., this has happened last night, truck had barely any power and lots of smoke, stopped and turned off the truck, started the truck and drove home with no issues. I just had the transmission rebuilt.

Dont know the color of the smoke as it was night time but I could see it from the persons lights driving behind me. Any ideas on possible causes for things to look for? I changed the fuel filter 1000 miles ago it only has1 fuel filter.

·
Registered
682 Posts
CEL illuminated? Any stored fault codes? It sounds like it could be the turbo actuator failing but it should light up the CEL.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sounds like the turbo actuator for sure. I have found some tunes will turn off the actuator codes so it may not even throw a CEL when it starts to fail.

You will need to pay close attention if the VGT is staying more closed than it should be. You will run into some high drive pressure situations fast if its sticking.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Its throwing just one code P2262 Turbo boost pressure not detected - mechanical
exhaust brake is working, thanks for responding on this guys

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
Sounds like the turbo actuator for sure. I have found some tunes will turn off the actuator codes so it may not even throw a CEL when it starts to fail.

You will need to pay close attention if the VGT is staying more closed than it should be. You will run into some high drive pressure situations fast if its sticking.
Why would they write a tune to ignore actuator codes ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can that P2262 code occur if the actuator is bad or only if the turbo is dirty/bad? or can occur for both cases?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Most custom tunes I have ran from the big name shops will run on non VGT's as well. I think they try to go one size fits all for the most part.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here is a video I took of the range of motion,
I tested the truck last night, the mini maxx is showing 0 boost at all RPM's I'm not sure whats going on here, how can there be 0 boost if the turbo has full range of motion?
Turbo range of motion video
The actuator sounds normal during self test when the ignition turns on. I dont want to throw an expensive actuator at this and still have the same iussue. Any ideas guys on next steps?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts