Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Haha. Thanks!!!
Today wasn’t anything major. Just kinda chipping away at things. I got the bed bolted in with never cease on the threads. Taillight assemblies are back in. License plate stuff remounted. I went under the hood and cleaned up somethings. Fixed some loom and added some zip ties here and there to tidy things up a bit.

I was going to start with putting the hydro boost through the firewall, but then I remembered it has a lifetime warranty from the parts store and it’s been in for 5 plus years. So I’ll be picking up a new one tomorrow.

One issue I ran into today was when I tried to put my pedal assembly in. It didn’t fit up right. I looked at the other one from this cab and there are some slight differences. I considered swapping my pedals in, but then I noticed the clutch master cylinder hole is was different. So I think it’s a simple fix. There’s a little ridge on my assembly I can just grind off and I think I’ll be good to go.
Here is the 1500’s pedal assembly:
72164A6D-E5A5-4D77-AEDE-8502165A279A.jpeg
Here is my assembly. You can see that little ridge I mentioned:
C9602A2D-1560-444D-A6CE-7F22649C52DD.jpeg

Here is the 1500’s clutch master:
20120351-EBB0-4C89-9332-B3FA9BDC61C7.jpeg

And here is my clutch master:
794B21E0-D2FC-417F-B1E2-4F7057E0BD5C.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
So I guess I’m just slightly retarded. My pedal assembly mounts up just fine. I must have had it snagged on something. Still put nothing through the firewall. Need the darn hole saw. Last time I order from Home Depot for home delivery.

I did monkey around with the wiring for the cab. I’m referring to the rear speakers, dome light, seatbelt light, and cargo/third brake light. There were some differences in the wiring, but it was generally the same. I just spliced some stuff and taped it up real nice.
C5B097C7-3428-44C1-99E1-03B20F3E4ED2.jpeg

The only question I have pertains to 2 wires that go to both rear speakers. So each speaker has 4 wires (‘97 cab) instead of just 2 (‘00 cab). Black with a green stripe, and black with a red stripe. Typically, the black with a green stripe has been a ground wire. But this is the only one that leads back to the plug. The others pair up and bolt to the cab sheet metal. Anyone know what these two do in the rear speakers of an extended cab?
671513C3-722B-4D22-8B6B-3927DA312164.jpeg

·
Registered
581 Posts
It looks like there was a premium audio option with amps in the speakers.. black/red is power and black/green is ground.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Then I guess I had premium rear speakers lol. Anyway. Looks like I’ll be calling those off. Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
The next thing I’m figuring out through the service manual is the vanity lights( overhead console). The pink and yellow wires were cut below the dash along the firewall. No clue why. But I can’t seem to exactly figure out where they tie in. No evidence of an unused plug anywhere. No exposed wires either. I know the Time Delay relay is part of it. That has also never been in my truck. So add that to the parts list.

·
On call 24/7
12,370 Posts
Are you going to be laying down some sound deadening?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I am working my way through the wiring diagrams on this. What a mess! When you say it was cut under the dash... do you mean, you have the ends that connect up to the overheads? Or you have the wires coming out of the main harness? It looks like C208 (the 'roof wiring connector') is described as 'near fuse block'.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Are you going to be laying down some sound deadening?
Yup. I payed out my plans at the beginning of the thread. 80 mil Noico butyl and 150 mil insulation for heat/cold.

I am working my way through the wiring diagrams on this. What a mess! When you say it was cut under the dash... do you mean, you have the ends that connect up to the overheads? Or you have the wires coming out of the main harness? It looks like C208 (the 'roof wiring connector') is described as 'near fuse block'.
Unfortunately, the light side of things. Now, I still have the ‘00’s wiring for it, but it plugs directly into the fuse panel inside. Not much help there lol. I’m going through it all as well lol. It’s a headache. If you think of something, or find something, let me know!!!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
How much of this wiring is from your 97 and how much is from the 00 cab? The pink wire is just fused 12V, but the yellow wire gets grounded by either the door switches or the headlight switch. Not sure where to find that circuit if you can't find the connector. And the 00's might have been wildly different in how they hook up...

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
How much of this wiring is from your 97 and how much is from the 00 cab? The pink wire is just fused 12V, but the yellow wire gets grounded by either the door switches or the headlight switch. Not sure where to find that circuit if you can't find the connector. And the 00's might have been wildly different in how they hook up...
I’m using my entire factory wiring. The ONLY wires changing is the harness consisting of the the seat belt alarm, rear speakers, dome light, and cargo/brake light. I spliced the ‘00’s wiring into my ‘97’s yesterday because of the rear doors. I’m pretty sure I can use MY vanity light wiring for the ‘00’s overhead console. The console is the same thing, just a tad bigger. So, I just need to figure out where the yellow and pink wire go in the ‘97 to make it all functional again. There is an additional black/green wire in the 00’s vanity light wiring, but I think it’s just the ground.

I am quite certain the Time Delay relay has to do with all of this.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Circuits M1 and M2 (the pink and yellow wires respectively) trigger the time delay relay (by grounding M2) when a door is opened or the dome light is turned on via the headlamp switch, but all the relay feeds is the halo light on the ignition switch.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Well I just looked over every single yellow and pink wire in the wiring harness. Passenger side and driver side. I see absolutely 0 evidence of an unused plug, or cut wiring. Nothing lol. My only thought is maybe those get wires directly into the fuse panel. Or maybe the guy tried to install the overhead console in a truck without one, and gave up?? This is frustrating lol

·
Registered
581 Posts
Well I just looked over every single yellow and pink wire in the wiring harness. Passenger side and driver side. I see absolutely 0 evidence of an unused plug, or cut wiring. Nothing lol. My only thought is maybe those get wires directly into the fuse panel. Or maybe the guy tried to install the overhead console in a truck without one, and gave up?? This is frustrating lol
Hrm. I wonder if that's possible. I'm looking at the 96 wiring diagrams and they don't seem to indicate that C208 is optional... but I got imagine some very base-model trucks came without an overhead console (It would really shock me if they made completely separate panel wiring for that though)....the 97s might be different. In the morning I'll go look at my truck and see if I can't figure out where that connector is supposed to be. The illustration (see attached) is about as useless as can be for where C208 is... I can't even make out an actual connector where that arrow is pointing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Hrm. I wonder if that's possible. I'm looking at the 96 wiring diagrams and they don't seem to indicate that C208 is optional... but I got imagine some very base-model trucks came without an overhead console (It would really shock me if they made completely separate panel wiring for that though)....the 97s might be different. In the morning I'll go look at my truck and see if I can't figure out where that connector is supposed to be. The illustration (see attached) is about as useless as can be for where C208 is... I can't even make out an actual connector where that arrow is pointing.
What page is that in the FSM? I’m studying it right now lol

·
Registered
581 Posts
It's in 8W-90 Connector Locations.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Got it. I did locate the pink wire (not where it connects/was cut) on the back of the fuse panel. The yellow wire apparently does tap into the headlight switch. Same there. No cut/connector.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
8W-90-20. Those are my connections. It says it’s a black connector “near fuse block”. I see nothing lol.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Opened the wires taped up behind the fuse panel more this morning. I couldn’t find ANYTHING that could be a connector. I’m at a loss. I just want to know where to splice these two in at this point.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
@jimducheck, I found it!!!! It was one of the connectors taped up to the large intersection of wires near the fuse block. C208. It’s for the overhead console entirely, high line, or low line console. My assumption at this point is that one of the POs didn’t have overhead console period and wound up adding one. However, he didn’t finish the job because he didn’t have the female connector. I just need the yellow and pink wires (numbers 4 and 5 from the left in photo 2). The rest are for the other functions of the high line console. This brings me to my newest issue ... where can I find one? lol. The ‘00’s harness doesn’t have the same style connectors. Anyway. Here are the pictures.
38CBE556-866A-4CFA-973F-1349F5A6E1AC.jpeg

32933ACD-7931-4AAC-BE03-AC1F60CDE701.jpeg

03264262-B48F-4A46-AF27-3548D2111707.jpeg

Boy, what a roller coaster ride haha.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Well, good, it's cold out today and I really didn't want to dig around under my kick panel trying to see if I had one :D That's good to know that it looks fully populated too. I doubt you'll be able to find replacement connectors. Probably gonna need to pull one from another truck. Worst case scenario, cut it off and put bullet or spade connectors on the wires you need and tape the rest up.

Hey, while you got the harness all out and just lying there... Did your truck come with factory fog lamps? It would shock me that they would actually use a separate harness p/n for non-fog trucks (especially since my manual truck has an O/D connector!), but I've never been able to find the fog connector. If your truck didn't have factory fogs, can you look around and see if it's there and taped to something, and what it's taped to?

81 - 100 of 131 Posts