Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone has a good idea on this. I've had my truck for just under a year and starting to get around to making it "mine". I've already taken a few of the badges off and painted the stupid chrome piece around the center console.

There is a small chrome piece on the storage thing. It's the handle and not sure if I need to tape everything off or does the top of the storage box come off.

2012 2500 mega cab

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay I got the release handle off and painted. Now when opening the top storage box it is pinching. Almost seem like the bottom, where the hinge is catching on something. Really not sure how t o get it not to pinch

·
Registered
50 Posts
How did you prep and paint the chrome trim? Curious because I can't stand chrome and I'd like to change it up as well. Got pics?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I stuffed up the chrome really good and did a bunch of light Sprays with paint for plastic. But I think wrapping or plasti dip would be better. Didn't come out how I wanted so I'm going to do it over this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.