Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope they can do something with this.

IN-FORUM

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
That's a great idea. If I had that kind of money I would invest in it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
That's pretty awesome!!! The theory is pretty simple, to bad it wasn't thought of sooner. Sure hope he is successful in marketing it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I 'googled' him. He has multiple patents related to transmissions! Way to go Ernie!

Anyone ever see anything about a hydraulic or hydrostatic transmission that allowed an engine to stay at a constant rpm or have just two rpm levels instead of operating over the whole range they do now. It was supposed to save fuel by allowing the engine to be tuned to run very efficiently at one rpm. It didn't store energy like this one. It was basically a version of cvt. It was supposed to be bullet proof! IE: I could bomb the Cummins and wouldn't have to worry about tranny problems!

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Not to pop the balloon here...

But everytime someone come up with an idea for fuel saving it ALWAYS used on a small car (Honda Civic or similar).

I have NEVER seen anything used on larger trucks (Cummins or larger) yet.

The problem is every single hybrid technology out there is limited power it can produce...

Like if I bought a hybrid car it would do me absolutely no good. It can't travel the back country roads, it can't haul firewood, it can't haul case lots of groceries, in can't haul my toolbox (over 2,000#'s), etc... These little cars are great for in cities traveling back and forth to work but out here in the rural America we have to drive 70-120 miles just for groceries if so we ALWAYS buy case lots and larger qantities to save fuel and travel expense.

Liker I said not to be an arse about it but they need to design larger scale stuff for trucks (>20,000#)... Not a 3,000# car...:thud:

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you read further into the article he has a prototype for a 40,000lbs corn hauler... and his intentions are to use it for school buses, garbage trucks ect.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Pretty cool. He would get my funding if I was in that position.

·
Registered
343 Posts
No worries. You are just stating the usual for these things. And usually they are for small vehicles. The one I was inquiring about was indestructible and would even work for class 8 vehicles. I wanted to find out about it as it wasn't as much modification as what Ernies invention must be. I keep hoping that there will be something for our trucks and even bigger ones someday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts