Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through a general contractor magazine the other day, and I saw a Ford ad. I think it was for the F-650, and it said that a Cummins engine was available for more torque and better fuel economy. It was I believe a 6.7, too!!

I guess it is true, the rumors about Ford owning Cummins.:rof:rof:rof:rof:rof

It goes to show you how much faith they have in the 6.4 PoS.

kevlars

·
Banned
885 Posts
I think it is there jumping into a different market like dodge has...

So why not offer different motors to keep customers

Pete, KW, Mack, Fre, Int, all the big truck makers have been doing it for years

·
Registered
146 Posts
even in the older ones, you could only get a 5.9 24 Valver. in even older ferd school buses, you could only get a 12 valve. but still, no 7.3 in lineup. i wonder why.

·
Diesel-less
4,259 Posts
Haha, nice find :rof

·
Go for Broke
6,699 Posts
Ford has offered a Cummins in there larger trucks for years

i believe the F550 or 650 on up it was an option

·
Registered
297 Posts
I believe in the F-650, you can get the 6700, 8100 cummins or the cat. When the trucks get that big, they're like a Race car. The only thing that makes it brand specific is the badge. It's all specialized.

·
Registered
37 Posts
wouldn't mind trying a truck with the CAT engine that's if fuel will stay under $20.00 a gal.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
have you seen the price tag on an F560??? easy 100k for a new one. And like its already been stated, they have offered the cummins for a while now, they also put a Cat motor which from what I have read is the higher end version.

check our rollingbigpower.com, they have one thats lifted like 10 inches or something crazy. They also have a kodiak 4500, thats got about 20 inches of lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts