Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cummins Forum's own Shibbyutman is currently developing a code free EGR delete kit. He is the maker of the EGR blocker plates that I sell and so many of us use.

Here is what the proposed kit will contain:

*Intake Delete Plates and gaskets QTY 2 of each

*Cooler delete plates two different ones and gaskets for both locations

*A hose and clamps to bypass the coolant tube

*Box to give inputs to the ECM at the EGR Valve Location and the bypass valve location

We are still working on pricing and getting a kit made to do some testing.

Let us know what you think:thumbsup.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I can't wait! It sounds complete with cooler block off and all. Has the code free electronics been succesfully figured out?

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'd be interested in the box as I already have the plates. What are the benefits of deleting the cooler? Would we be able to buy parts or would we need to get the entire kit?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't wait! It sounds complete with cooler block off and all. Has the code free electronics been succesfully figured out?
The electronics are still being worked on:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be interested in the box as I already have the plates. What are the benefits of deleting the cooler? Would we be able to buy parts or would we need to get the entire kit?
After you delete the EGR using the current delete kit, the cooler is just sitting there as dead weight. With the new kit you will be able to remove the cooler assembly completely.

I am sure that we will be selling an upgrade version for those of us that already have the current kit on our trucks.

·
Registered
638 Posts
After you delete the EGR using the current delete kit, the cooler is just sitting there as dead weight. With the new kit you will be able to remove the cooler assembly completely.

I am sure that we will be selling an upgrade version for those of us that already have the current kit on our trucks.
any idea how much dead weight we're talkin about? looks like it could all be used as an anchor to me.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know yet, but it looks like quite a bit.

·
Unreconstructed
6,316 Posts
Yeah, but how sweet! This was something that we all were dreaming about 6 months ago! And now it's a reality!

Think how much more room there will be in our engine bay, and how much more it will look like a 5.9! Pretty soon, we'll have these trucks "dummied" down to 5.9 Specs, so we can tinker-away with whatever we wish!!

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
I am in for the code free EGR kit and I will just upgrade the kit that I purchased from K2. Just let me know who to pay. :$:

·
Unreconstructed
6,316 Posts
Wish I had the $$$ to make a statement like that! Hahaha! Anyway, I'm also down for the EGR delete. Can't wait! We're finally making progress on something long overdue!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Any idea on how long it will be? I'll be doing my DPF delete on monday, I doubt you'll have it by then. :p but I would really like to have it in a month or so?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any idea on how long it will be? I'll be doing my DPF delete on monday, I doubt you'll have it by then. :p but I would really like to have it in a month or so?
It will be at least a month but don't hold me to that. We want to make sure it's right, not Smarty right:lol3:, but right:thumbsup

·
Registered
190 Posts
Keven, count me in!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As soon as the kit is finished and tested, it will be on the site:thumbsup.

·
Registered
100 Posts
In, For upgrade kit.:beer

·
Registered
847 Posts
You can count me in too. :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I am def. in for an upgrade, and I have 2 friends that are currently not members on here and they said they are in for sure as well....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Count me in!

I have the egr deleted but getting rid of the cooler that is now not doing anything would make things look more like a diesel.. Count me in!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 153 Posts