Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen anyone post about intercoolers, so I don't know if they don't do much or if I just overlooked the discussion. Just wondering how much of an improvement in egt's temps these really do. I think Banks is the only one that has one specific for the 6.7 right now, but I wonder if the 5.9L one's are any different. I already have the water/methanol injection, but anything that is maintenance free is nice. Give me your thoughts. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
5.9's are differant from 6.7's.

6.7's are bigger.:beer:beer

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if the 6.7L intercooler is bigger than the 5.9, how many 5.9 guys will be after 6.7 factory, or even aftermarket intercoolers is they will fit. Might just have to break down and order one and see if it makes a difference this summer.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
They also have a differant set of tubes that come with the intercoolers.

I dont know if you can make the 6.7 one fit the 5.9.:beer

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have the BANKS intercooler on my 6.7 and love it. It's the only mod that I've done that I can actually see an improvement in lower EGT's. One word of caution is that you may have to grind a little of the plastic off from the inside of the grill so the hood closes's without scraping the front of the AC lines.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good. Might have to order that this week yet then.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
I have a BD intercooler on my but its for a 5.9 ,,I had to remove all the AC lines and exchanger to make it work. I Had to relocate my AC exchanger between the intercooler and rad. Pain in the but its a hugh intercooler

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
i agree if you can make the BD fit do that one, it's larger than the Banks and IMO a little better made. i keep trying to get comparison pics but everytime we get one or the other in it's at different times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts