Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

intercooler

1148 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  ceesor
looking into aftermarket intercooler not brand specific but found this a fiew min ago is it to good to be true?

link to site

aFe Blade Runner Intercooler, Blade Runner Turbo Intercoolers
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok misread the price but still what do you guys think i should buy as far as an intercooler?

· MO chapter Vice President
1,482 Posts
A T S ! ! :thumbsup:

· MO chapter Vice President
1,482 Posts
Better do your homework! Banks you loose 2 psi at 50 lbs of boost just to go through the cooler and you usualy get the flow tubes with the intercooler (banks throws thes in to try to help thier poorly desinged intercooler keep up with compition)they make a selling point, it sells for $1250-$1500,AFE & SPEARCO are basicly the same and they out guns banks on all things considered if you put flow tubes on them (they loose 1.3-1.5 psi at 50lbs) and dont mind your trucks coolent temp going up 4-7 degrees they sell for $1195-$1600(with and without flow tubes or intercooler piping whatever you want to call them) BD just does not cool all that well but it flowes good(it looses 1.24psi at 50lbs). Then there is ATS they loose .50psi at 100lbs of boost!! they are rated to hold 150lbs of boost,theyhave a unconditional lifetime warrenty(i asked for details on this and the rep told me "you wrap you truck around a pole ,and if you can pry our intercooler out of it we can give you a new one no questions asked")They are taller wider and thicker than all the compition,but they are barand plate so you H2O temp will go up 4-10 degrees at the most. ATS sells for $1000 . If you dont argree with what i put in print call them yourself, and ask each company to sell you on thier product and why there is better than the compition, heres the #'s banks=877-227-1674 ATS=1-866-490-5573 Idont need to put Spearco, AFE, or BD's phone 3 because Banks put in print how they think there better and now you have some facts i hope you do call around and draw you own conclusion.

· Registered
95 Posts
where did you get your pressure drop data?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.