Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cope Wisconsin Chapter VP
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best aftermarket intercooler to use and is still a semi decent install process?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Well, the only aftermarket one that I know of is a Banks unit.. But I really don't think it is much of an upgrade over stock..

Your best bet is to find a 2nd gen intercooler or a powerstroke intercooler, 99-02 7.3 one's..

If your looking for a set of instructions with the intercooler, you won't find any.. But there are quite a few members who have upgraded that will share some pics and advice.. Use the search function and pull up a few threads on intercoolers.. You should find some good reading..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Would a 3rd gen intercooler work or is it to tall? Or only second gen and 7.3 intercoolers are the only stock fits that will work?

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,269 Posts
There is replacement IC made for our trucks. It is sold by New Era diesel. It is rated for 100 PSI and is supposed to flow 50% more than the stock IC. It can be had with 3" in and out also. It bolts into the same position as the orginal. The bad news is the sticker shock.

A 3rd gen is to tall from what I have heard. The stroker or 2nd gen seems to be the prefered ones to use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts