Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking at the bd cool it intercooler, and was wondering if an intercooler is worth the money? and do you really see a good decrease in EGTs? i just need to keep my egts in check until i can get my s488

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I had a BD on my 06' and now on my 6.7 and loved them on both trucks, it does cool your EGTS nicely, its worth the $$$ if you have it, if not its no biggy.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a BD on my 06' and now on my 6.7 and loved them on both trucks, it does cool your EGTS nicely, its worth the $$$ if you have it, if not its no biggy.
how much of a decrease did you see? also did you see an increase in your boost?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I cant remember the boost on my 06', but I had twins as well, but this intercooler is bolt on and you can almost immediatly feel the power, and yes it cooled me down about 200-250 degrees

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant remember the boost on my 06', but I had twins as well, but this intercooler is bolt on and you can almost immediatly feel the power, and yes it cooled me down about 200-250 degrees
is that 200 at crusing speeds or wot?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I put a banks on and it dropped egts 200 or so and they climb slower, crusing is about the same.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Cruising is about the same, as WOT its pretty much 200 all around. Its worth the money.

·
I bleed diesel
1,342 Posts
You're going to need an aftermarket intercooler of some sort with a 488. It will eliminate the bottleneck in airflow caused by your stock intercooler.

I chose to save a little money and went with the HTT. Just my preference though.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i have been looking at the bd cool it intercooler, and was wondering if an intercooler is worth the money? and do you really see a good decrease in EGTs? i just need to keep my egts in check until i can get my s488
This might help. I love mine, but stock boost not realy much help, I would love to see some good test by those that say 200* drops, not saying their wrong just like proof.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts