Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently installed twins on the truck and now my boost has slowly deminished to around 42psi. After I first put them on I could get almost 50psi. What I have heard and am thinking is the plastic POS up-pipe is cracked and leaking boost. All my boots are on tight so I dont know where else it could be going. I ordered the BD steel replacement pipe and had it next dayed on wednesday after confirming with the lady it would be shipped that day. Well here it is Friday and I will be pulling a trailer out of town this weekend and the dang part still hasnt been shipped. That kind of stuff makes me F'in mad. I talked to her yesterday and she said "its being packed and shipped right now" that was a load of BS! If you need something in a hurry dont order from XDP! If you say it will be shipped that day then do it!

Anyways rant off. Sorry I got a little worked up. My question is you guys that have the 03-05's is your up-pipe plastic? If not I am going to see if the dodge house has one I can get for the trip. I appreciate the help since i am now in a bind.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My 2004.5 has metal intercooler piping on both sides.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the 05 have the plastic ends on the intercoolers which they figured out real quick that it was not a good idea and went back to the metal ends in 06. But from what I can see they have made the up-pipe/outlet pipe plastic and now that is the weak link. Hmm maybe they should quit making high pressure parts out of plastic....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts