Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 non intercooled, after looking at a 92.5 intercooled, will i need a new turbo, where can i get intercoolers, air horn, and tubing.

thanks, chris

·
Registered
738 Posts
i have the full stock setup, i'm sure it is good but i still need to have the cooler pressure tested.

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,269 Posts
Your 92 should be an IC'd truck unless someone removed it.

Tell us a litle more about the truck. If the truck is an auto does it have OD??

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the truck is a 92 250, regular cab long box, automatic, i believe it has OD, there are no signs of the truck previously having any intercooler, the airhorn goes right from block across valves to the turbo,

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,269 Posts
Look at the raditor support. Is there two long oval shaped holes on the outside of the raditor foot print?

I haven't heard of anyone having a 92 that wasn't IC'd from the factory.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone having a 92 that wasn't IC'd from the factory.
X2 that's pretty odd if it wasn't IC'd from the factory.

Now if it was a 91 on the other had that'd be different.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You could use your turbo, just modify the piping. You would also have to cut the oval holes in the core support for the intercooler boots. I'd make a deal with dnelson for the stuff he has.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Its most likely a late 91 or early 92 (bulid date) Intercoolers were added mid year 92. You could use your turbo, just modify the piping. You would also have to cut the oval holes in the core support for the intercooler boots. I'd make a deal with dnelson for the stuff he has.
Um no. Intercoolers were added mid 91, not mid 92.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I know I had a brain fart. thats why I edited it.
Just making sure, I didn't want you going around looking like an idiot giving out false information. :lol4:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a set-up off a 91.5 will the intercooler fit in behind the 90 grill after removing the condensor, or will i have to use the 91.5 grill? also i am getting the turbo off the 91.5 would it be worth ucing the compressor housing off the 91.5 and putting on a 16cm exhaust housing or just leave it alone and put it on?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts