Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the Dodge retrofitted intank LP in my 98.5. Eventually I am going to want to replace this setup with an external pump like a Walbro, Fass, etc. I was told I need to get ahold of a stock pickup to replace my current pickup setup with my intank pump.

Would your Draw Straw be what I need to replace the intank LP pickup to convert over to the external LP setup? Thanks

Harley

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm in the same boat, only I just added a Campaign pump, since the intak isn't working very well.

2001 truck

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed him and he said there in a new version of the draw straw coming out that would work for my needs but it requires cutting a hole in the fuel tank. It is still a proto type though so I havn't seen pics or an install yet.

Harley

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey maybe you guys would know on mine. I have a 2001 3500 24V and running edge comp & AFE cold air intake.

I noticed one time prior to installing everthing that I lost rpm's at around 55mph and there was pedal play. Wierd it was like you had to let completely off the pedal and reapply to pick back up. Since I've installed everything I've noticed it's done it twice. What do you guys think this is? I read how everyones installing the AFS Walbro and Vulcan systems and was wondering if this is what I would need to stop this problem? Any Ideas!!

2001 24V cummins 3500, Edge Comp, AFE cold air intake, 4" staight exhaust

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Hey maybe you guys would know on mine. I have a 2001 3500 24V and running edge comp & AFE cold air intake.

I noticed one time prior to installing everthing that I lost rpm's at around 55mph and there was pedal play. Wierd it was like you had to let completely off the pedal and reapply to pick back up. Since I've installed everything I've noticed it's done it twice. What do you guys think this is? I read how everyones installing the AFS Walbro and Vulcan systems and was wondering if this is what I would need to stop this problem? Any Ideas!!

2001 24V cummins 3500, Edge Comp, AFE cold air intake, 4" staight exhaust
Sound like you have the dreaded "dead pedal." The calling card of a failing VP44.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What would I be looking at to correct this from happening again if I replace the VP44? Or is there something I could do different?

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
What would I be looking at to correct this from happening again if I replace the VP44? Or is there something I could do different?
Vulcan Performance would be a good place to shop for it. I would look into upgrading your fuel system to include a FASS pump and drawstraw...

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Tank issues

Hey guys,
If you have or can get a standard module its better as there is some fuel retained around the end of the tube during a slosh situation at low fuel levels. We also have the Draw Straw I available with two return ports so you can return your FASS, Walbro or other system back to the module instead of using the filler neck, it make for a real clean installation and put more fuel around the draw tube during low fuel level situations. In the coming months we will have updated versions of the Draw Straw I and II with dual return ports with the original versions still being available. We have just started shipping the DSI and DSII with a very rigid Nylon stand pipe for easier trimming by the end user during installation. Should you have any questions feel free to give us a call. I have two other guys answering phones so if I'm not available leave a message with them or send me an email.
Thank you all for your business and support!
Eric
Toll free 866-446-1043

P.S.

For Cummins Forum members All 150 GPH FASS or HPFP kits come with a free Draw Straw II through the end of September and of course free shipping to ANYWHERE in the US and Canada, just mention this post when you call.

Check out our ISSPRO gauge package specials, I don't think anyone can beat them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts