Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FUEL
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone reported having troubl with a dealership continuing to honor a warranty after seeing an installed cold air intake?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
ive heard yes and no. my dealer says no,,,,, UNLESS you mess up installing it and break somthing.

·
Banned
706 Posts
Havent taken my yet since I bought in Oct of 07. Hope they dont care cause I need to take it to get that new Flash on mine.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
my dealer told me it would be fine, but my buddy's dealer 100 miles away from me told him that any oiled filter would void the warranty, has to be a dry filter????????

·
Registered
382 Posts
Warranty Void

has anyone reported having troubl with a dealership continuing to honor a warranty after seeing an installed cold air intake?
My dealer will void the warranty if I have it on and take it in for service. No questions asked. What a bummer.

·
Registered
655 Posts
everyone is different....I was told by my dealer that if the turbo failed and it had a cold air intake they would not warranty the turbo....now if the transmission goes out and you have a cold air intake on there I don't see how they can blame the intake. they specifically said the turbo wouldn't be covered. you should familiarize yourself with the magnusson-moss act, plainly put it states that whatever broke has to be directly linked to the part added to the car.

·
Registered
84 Posts
How about If you put your stock intake back on when you go in for service. I just ordered an aem brute force for mine. I don't know how hard it is take off and on yet though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My dealer has been great about the dpf delete and chip, but really frowns on any oiled filter. They said there is no way to mistake or hide the residue in the aftercooler and intake. They don't mind though the BHAF.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My dealer has been great about the dpf delete and chip, but really frowns on any oiled filter. They said there is no way to mistake or hide the residue in the aftercooler and intake. They don't mind though the BHAF.
I think we have the same dealer..they have been real cool with me also on all the mods..the service manager i am dealing with asked me to let him know how all of my stuff turns out and what mpg increase im seeing..it just depends on how you approach them, what kind of mood they're in, and what kind of pressure they are receiving from the daimler chrysler reps..

·
Registered
84 Posts

So if your using a dry flow filter that would leave no residue, everything should be fine if I put the stock intake back on??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts