Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fells I'm starting to look towards my first mods and wanted to get some recommendations on what people are using for intakes on their 6.7L.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the rec Matt. Is the Mega C in an intake box?

·
Registered
419 Posts
i just installed the afe stage 2 pro dry yesterday and am very very happy with it so far. sounds like a jet engine

J-Mo

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
Thanks for the rec Matt. Is the Mega C in an intake box?
its not a full box as the top seals against the hood. Honestly you will love anything from AFE. I prefer the mega because of the size of the filter.

I also removed that protection cover, covering the connection for the a/c condenser and radiator to get a good flow of air to it when on the highway.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
afe mega cannon with pg-7 filter. love it. Dealer don't

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Matt. Rowdy why do you say the dealers hate it. Have you run into problems?

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
because adding a intake to a 6.7 can void the warranty, depends on the dealer

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow even a different intake. I was aware of the dpf etc voiding warranty but an intake. Well like you said, depends on the dealer. I really haven't asked my dealer what his thoughts are on mods. Obviously you guys don't care that much about voided warranty with the mods you do! Hell gives me a sense of security that it's alright.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
AFE Stage II with ProGuard 7. Have had one on my last 4 trucks and wouldn't think of anything else :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
post a pic of the mega cannon in the truck those things are huge. i don't think you'll see a gain from the intake until you get your delete kit on the truck due to regen.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Just clarifying(sp) my dealer don't like it.

I believe jr is spot on. No gains untill you can get air out.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Didn't answer your question.
I had a code last week truck was in the shop for 2 days. Service calls and says intake may caused the code. Which is bs. Said to bring back next day with stock box on. I took it auto zone cleared code and everythings fine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanaks for the rec Ram. Is the Stage II an oil filter?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK I understand Rowdy. So no real difference if I don't do the delete first eh?

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
The Stage II includes the torque tube. I found a difference just with adding the intake and leaving the exhaust stock. Throttle seemed a little quicker and mileage picked up a tiny bit.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
its not a full box as the top seals against the hood. Honestly you will love anything from AFE. I prefer the mega because of the size of the filter.

I also removed that protection cover, covering the connection for the a/c condenser and radiator to get a good flow of air to it when on the highway.

Could we see pics of this?:beer

·
Registered
319 Posts
AFE Stage II and love it, great sound I give it two thumbs up!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the Rec Geoff. What do you like about it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts