Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

intake plenum ???

1563 Views 11 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  RAM_89
ok so i installed my cfm+ yesterday and i noticed it looks like theirs a plug or a bolt missing in the intake plenum, theirs the 2 first corner bolts and then maybe back a 1''or2 in the center of the hole their a treaded hole, was their a bolt or plge their befor and the guy migh have taken it out for a gauge or is it supose to be open??:confused013:
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
does that intake have any harness ties on it? how big of a bolt are we talkin here?

· Pipeliner
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
looks like 5/16, ill go grab a quick pic

Attachments

· Pipeliner
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can i just use a normal bolt??

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
5/16" is the tap drill size ish for the 1/8" pipe, should be about 27 threads per inch. NO you can't just use a bolt to plug it.

· Pipeliner
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol what i figured thats y i didnt do it, so whats the proper plug i need?

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts

most common look like these, but you may find them with a hex head instead of the allen head. Any lowes, home depot, autozone, murrays, oreilly's, advance auto parts will have them.

· Pipeliner
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i guess I could just use the one that I pulled out of the cfm+ were i put the boost bolt
, should be the same size right?? and a little lock tight, just a little fearfull of not having a head and it would fall in over time, sorry about all the stupid questions!!

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
I thought it looked a little wierd, I was going to check my truck when I left work. That makes sense why that little post is hanging out right next to it.

· Pipeliner
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks boys!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.