Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a CFM+ intake manifold and was just wondering what kind of egt drop I'll get. Is there anything else that the CFM+ would help with

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Yes 50-75* and i think a bit more under load. You will also get some more HP & TQ and can get a little better MPG also.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It is definitely absolutely positively going to breathe better :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've heard some of the CFM+'s have cracked around the mounting holes. Anybody else heard that or seen it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
that's strange never heard that before. the stud would snap before the manifold did. thousands sold 0 returns.
Hmmm...
No problems with the CFM eh.....
Here's one posted a while back on another forum board.Nothing a bit of JB Weld wouldn't fix I guess then.....Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm looking at a CFM+ intake manifold and was just wondering what kind of egt drop I'll get. Is there anything else that the CFM+ would help with
Ive been looking at that CFM coupled with an aftermarket exhaust manifold to help with my EGTs. ive heard that you get the most out of the CFM with a AM exhaust manifold.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
ONE person broke a piece of their intake manifold when they installed their CFM+. (overtightend)

ONE CFM+ has blown and was a fluke thing...

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I agree. I think they make a great product.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
ONE person broke a piece of their intake manifold when they installed their CFM+. (overtightend)

ONE CFM+ has blown and was a fluke thing...
i'd like to see that, in the past year or so they have been making them they haven't had any warranty issues. there is a sleeve inside the mounting hole that would prevent that from happening.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts