Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put 370's on my truck with a 67mm turbo and it soots a lot and i have a stock intake manifold. would an aftermarket one help clear it up a little?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yes you definitely need to adjust the AFC to clear up the smoke. But an intake manifold will help lower EGT's and you can get one very well priced from Pusher Intakes.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hey J I dont believe we have met what part of Rhody are you from?

·
Registered
903 Posts
ah ok nice well. For being a small area Mass/ RI I seem to hang out with at least 3 local forum members a week haha check out the regional new england forum there should be contact info on there. As far as cleaning up your smoke there are a couple things you could try but all in all that is a big turbo and it will take a lot of tuning to make it streetable. I'd try tightening your afc a bit and see if it still moves ok and cuts back on smoke.

·
Registered
667 Posts
if you put in marine injectors, they will be dirtier as they have an incorrect spray angle.

tune tune and tune some more, and when you think your done, tune again

·
Registered
903 Posts
are they new age 370's or old ones. If you dont know thats ok. I believe the only place to get new age ones are from Jkidd at Diesel auto power. If they are the old school ones that is fine it just takes a tad more tuning and you will always have slightly higher egts and more smoke.

·
Registered
903 Posts
its not my money I honestly would start else where, 12v's are all tuning, and no offense to the intake manifolds but there is no huge set of data or test results showing major gains. Yes there are slight improvements over stock but they dont tune your truck for you :hehe: Im making my own just for looks.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
191s, 370s, no timing and a big turbo = lots of smoke tuned or not

·
Registered
903 Posts
oh yeah definitely, thats why Im saying no part especially an intake manifold will be a magical solution

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.