Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

intake horn

998 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  SRT6.7
i was thinking of getting a black ops stage 2 intake horn is this worth getting and what can this do for me? I also was wanting to do the egr block off plates, does this also delete the egr?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,180 Posts
Unless I missing something but black ops intake horn deletes the egr so no need for plates it completley replaces the whole set up... its a great mod for sure!! And will add power and mpgs to an extent!

· Registered
1,650 Posts
i would go with a BOD from buck intake horn.. he has done his homework on this one. you can pick it up from James @ rollin smoke diesel in any color you want..

and yes, you do not need a EGR delete kit with this, but you can still get the EGR cooler delete to go with it, or better yet get a External Wastegate from BOD as well!!

· Premium Member
3,822 Posts
Guys I am still trying to get hold of one of the 2 dyno sheets where guys dynoed the intake and reported there gains to me at avg 50 HP between the 2 but I have not gotten the sheets so I can just say yes there are nice gains with it. I personally gained over 2 mpg, lower egts 100-250* much better response on the bottom end. No need for any of the egr junk the only thing you need off of you rintake horn is the map sensor. BOD has ideally posistioned ports for the use of Water meth. the only thing you would still have of the egr is the cooler unless you do block off plates there or a Wastegate kit as mentioned

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does anyone know if i need to keep the egr pluged in with the edge race or do i need to unplug it i have heard both, and that if you unplug it you lose about 40 hp? any truth to any of this?

· Registered
3,180 Posts
If your running the edge the egr can be deleted but will throw codes unless cleared before start. The 40hp deal is a smarty issue so you will not loose any power... the only thing you need to do if u get intake horn is the throttle valve assembly needs to be ziptied away off to the side and if you delete the cooler the servo motor needs to be pluged in as well and zip tied away...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.