Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

intake horn and boost tube install..ugh..

2113 19
well i got a chance to install my BOD intake horn and Shibby boost tube tonight. these are serious quality pieces!! great job guys. i was having some trouble mating them together though. i thought i had everything set when the tube popped of the horn while i was driving. so i drove home with no boost. (what a turd lol)
does anyone have any install advice to get these to mount up together and stay that way?
Reactions: rbmedic75
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
304 Posts
BOD Intake Horn + Shibby Intake Tube,Great Choice man, Post some pics, This is the Combination I am gonna go with too

· Registered
111 Posts
ive seen guys take sandpaper to the inside of the boots to rought it up a little on the inside. idk if it would help or not:confused013:

· Premium Member
6,894 Posts
Another trick is to borrow the old ladys hair spray (or your own if your into that) and spray the part you are trying to slide the boot over. Get it in the proper spot and clamp it. When the hairspray sets it makes for a real strong grip.

WARNING!
If you do this and have to take the boots off down the road, you are likely going to have to cut them off. Just so you know.

· Registered
532 Posts
so there is no bead rolled end?? I would expect rolled ends on these quality pieces:confused013:

· Premium Member
3,822 Posts
yes there is a bead roll on both ends of the boost tube and the intake horn :confused013: Shoot me a pm bud which end came off. of about 100 this is a first so no worries we can and will get ya squared away. hollar at me :thumbsup: the sand paper to the inside of the boots and Hairspray are both good tricks. But hit me up and we will make sure all is well. here is a pic of the bead roll on the ends of both pieces.

· Registered
532 Posts
good to hear buck!!! Glad ther are bead rolled

as for it coming off... you really need to make those clamps tight

· Premium Member
3,822 Posts
very correct even 30 couple lbs of boost is a lot of pressure dont be afraid of overtightnening them you wont hurt anything there it will break the t clamp before anything else.

· Registered
1,650 Posts
yes there is a bead roll on both ends of the boost tube and the intake horn :confused013: Shoot me a pm bud which end came off. of about 100 this is a first so no worries we can and will get ya squared away. hollar at me :thumbsup: the sand paper to the inside of the boots and Hairspray are both good tricks. But hit me up and we will make sure all is well. here is a pic of the bead roll on the ends of both pieces.
wow those are sooooo sweeet!!!! i wish they were mine!!! wait a second!!! those are mine!! :drool2:

· Registered
1,340 Posts
Just make sure it is seated all the way in. I had this happen to me. Noticed when I put it back on it didn't get it pushed in far enough.:banghead:

· Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just make sure it is seated all the way in. I had this happen to me. Noticed when I put it back on it didn't get it pushed in far enough.:banghead:
i think that is what happened. it just seemed like i couldnt get the tube end in far enough into the coupler that attaches to the horn.

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
Some of the ones that I've sent out powder coated had that problem. As Buck said, don't be afraid to torque that baby down, you can't hurt it. Also, if you don't have hairspray around like stated above, windex works quite well too. :thumbsup:

· Second Most Important Member
2,027 Posts
i also used windex for this process and worked very well, then tightened the ba jesus out of the clamps.:thumbsup:

· MOD-A-HAULIC
1,076 Posts
Another trick is to borrow the old ladys hair spray (or your own if your into that) and spray the part you are trying to slide the boot over. Get it in the proper spot and clamp it. When the hairspray sets it makes for a real strong grip.

WARNING!
If you do this and have to take the boots off down the road, you are likely going to have to cut them off. Just so you know.

:agree2:

Thats what I did and always do and works like a charm!

Congrats on the horn .. I love mine!

HEY BUCK WHEN YOU GONNA COME OUT WITH SOME NEW GOODIES WE JUST GOTTA HAVE???

· Registered
1,223 Posts
:agree2:

Thats what I did and always do and works like a charm!

Congrats on the horn .. I love mine!

HEY BUCK WHEN YOU GONNA COME OUT WITH SOME NEW GOODIES WE JUST GOTTA HAVE???
hes got a few things coming out that were making me :drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2: when he was just talking about them!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

· Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
got them all squared away today. i had to disconnect the clamps that go to the intercooler and rotate the tube a little bit. torqued the snot out of everything. had up to 37psi of boost and everything held fine. roads werent the best to be flying on today so no real "road test" yet but it definitely takes less pedal effort to get going.

· Premium Member
3,822 Posts
good deal bro once they get set and hooked up they will stay that way just need a little tweaking sometimes to get all ligned up.

Bro you wont be the only one whos wife wishes they had not found them:hehe: sometimes I am scared of putting my return address on them one of these days I am gonna wake up to an angry mob of wifes and tree huggers ready to :buttkick::rof:rof

Some new things on the horizon its a balancing act between getting new stuff out and keeping up with you guys current hungers. :rof:

· Registered
645 Posts
Bro you wont be the only one whos wife wishes they had not found them:hehe: sometimes I am scared of putting my return address on them one of these days I am gonna wake up to an angry mob of wifes and tree huggers ready to :buttkick::rof:rof:rof:
yeah i am sure. But seriously you offer a great product and i can't wait until i can spend my hard earned dollars on some of what you have to offer. Irregardless of how much the divorce, i mean how much i have to talk my way out of the hole that i have found myself in, is gonna cost. thanks again :hehe: :shock:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.