Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guy suggest for an intake kinda lookin at the cfm+:thumbsup
wes

·
Banned
516 Posts
i like the cfm works good! the carbon fiber looks awesome under the hood also!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I am running the blade runner from AFE. CFM is good from what you hear. AFE is starting to take over. I am happy with it. Has ports in it already for boost lines, ect.... Reason I bought it was cuz I found it on ebay with a buy now or make an offer. I offered them $275 with free shipping and they took it. Thay might even take less. That is bout as cheap as you will find thats what sold me
What ever you do. Don't buy a banks high ram.

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
I've heard alot of people say they all about the same, and you really can't tell any major difference in any of them. I have the AFE Bladerunner on mine...I just got it for the ports and it has the vains in it, to direct the air flow.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea that is what i hear about the banks

·
Registered
866 Posts
What is so bad about the banks? I haven't heard much good about it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont know but i never hear anything great about them

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,021 Posts
I've actually heard power loss with the banks. Check out Glacier Diesel Performance's intake horn.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
What is so bad about the banks? I haven't heard much good about it.
The studs go through the intake to cause restriction and its too big and the air swirls in the intake, test have shown less hp then stock, all others are very close, I have a cfm and like it.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Interesting.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I also have the CFM and I don't mind it at all. I couldn't really tell a difference except for turbo whistle. JUST DON'T OVERTIGHTEN THE STUDS!!! The ear will break off and suck right into your engine. I know from experience. Luckily I caught it before it went through the valves. Still cost me a new head.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
[QUOTEThe studs go through the intake to cause restriction and its too big and the air swirls in the intake, test have shown less hp then stock, all others are very close][/QUOTE]

Yes this is what I have heard too... They claim the power loss after dyno running with the stock horn and then with the banks

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Well I have the black sheep of the air intake horns, the banks. It is ok, I got a good deal on it so that is what really matters to me. EGTs did drop by about 50*. I have heard a lot about the test were the banks unit lost power but I have never heard which truck it was on or seen the test results. Eh..whatever, I know it time I will go with an ATS Arc Flow or something with more ports so I can run nitrous but that will be after I am done with school.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well I guess I,m a black sheep too.I have the banks (it came with the intercooler),but I got the bolts out of the air stream by c,boring the holes inside and using socket head cap screws and hardened washers inside and drilling and tapping out side holes to 1/4 npt for access holes to tighten bolts and now have two ports to boot.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that sounds like a good idea i own a machine shop so i could do that really easy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Actually all I used was a hand drill and back c,bore like in pic.You could c,bore from top side but you would have to open top hole up to at least .500 because that is the size of the head of an M8 cap .Then you would have inlarge top hole to 3/8 npt.I didn,t want to go that big.The way did it you have to fish the bolts in the bottom then set the intake on the head ,but its not a big deal.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm running the DTT elbow and really like it. 3 tapped ports and finished in a sharp stainless.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for the feedback guys and keep it coming if you got it

1 - 20 of 38 Posts