Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that I removed the intake baffle, and you can defenitley hear the turbo whistle alot better. On a side note I smoked a "souped up" dodge neon last night and smoked him. He was pissed the look on his face was priceless.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
It is a priceless look isn't it :peelout

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The other day I blew the doors off of a "souped up" honda prelude, when we got to the next red light, and all the smoke cleared, the guy driving the prelude informed me that he was a diesel mechanic at one of the local dodge dealerships, he then said it was good to see a 6.7 blowin some smoke...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'm thinking about modifying the stock air box to let a little more in. I was surprised that it didn't look that restrictive - at least the tubing down into the turbo.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I had a guy in a bmw driving crazy the other day. I say guy but he was probably 20. I pulled up next to him at the light and revved it up. It's hard to hear it's so quiet but he looked over and grinned. I put it in 4 hi and got the boost up in second, this dude was on that beamer hard, when the light turned green I dumped the clutch, got a little rubber :peelout and was gone. By the time I hit 4th he was probably 4 car lengths behind me. I love shocking these guys with my oil burner. Hahaha.:rof

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
There are no negative effects to removing the foam baffle.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
No, it is inside the down tube connecting to the turbo.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I pulled mine out too and it does open the turbo up you can really hear it whistle going down the road.

·
North Texas VP
269 Posts
i like the sound of mine without the baffle.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what does the baffle look like is it just a peice of tubing? sorry to sound dumb just trying to figure this out
A piece of plastic tube with a cross section, and foam wrapped around the outside. If you do a search on here someone posted a pic of it and where it's at.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
the plastic piece in the bottom tube right before the turbo...disconnect, and slide the inside piece out of the bottom.

it's REALLY EASY

·
Registered
64 Posts
what the hell is the purpose of the baffle anyway???

1 - 20 of 39 Posts