Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 1st Gen caught fire & is a write off. I was thinking of buying it back to build a future project, but dont have the time, funds or space...

But its got great parts! If I bought it back is anyone interested in:

Super clean long box for dually
Pristine tailgate
Good rubber all around
Dually axle with 3.07 gearing
727 tranny rebuilt 3-4 years ago & not used much since then
Motor burnt on the passenger side, but in my opinion very salvage-able

The firewall is melted & the wiring harness burnt otherwise I would try to fix it, as it was runnning SO GOOD! In addition to the mods in my sig I had just done the piston lift pump conversion...

So, anybody local interested? I'll be hearing back from the Insurance today to see what the buy back will be.

S.

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
well from my experience with insurance, they want to much when you try to buy them back. Most time your best off taking the cash and running. Have you talked money with them as of yet?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Are you kidding RRAMctd??? My buddy just had his SRT4 written off, he got rear ended and it tweaked the frame and crumpled the trunk. Everything else in the car is still like new, they gave him 14,500 and his buy back was 1500.
My dads van was written off a while back too, got 8500 and bought the van back for 600.

You will definitely make some money buying it back and parting it out, if you wanna sell the grid heater, I'll take it haha buddy needs one.

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
well I guess if he posts back we will see. by the sounds of it would be an awesome donor to transplant into another vehicle.
Well the last deal I know of was a sgi deal so maybe private insurance may be better. Either way I hope he makes out like a bandit to the insurance company cause they sure know how to steal from me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't talked $$$ with them yet. I had it insured for more than the KBB value so we'll see how it goes.

I'll get it back for sure if its that cheap though! There is an old Caddy around the corner that would make a good car to drop the 6bt in...

S.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
isnt dieseldaves a 2001 fred

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Sharp21, PM if you want to unload the motor? If you want to sell the entire truck, also let me know.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Definitely not but late 90's, and what does that have to do with anything??? :food019:
well well smarty pants lol..

maybe he'd like a spare box or somethin..:buttkick:

·
Registered
303 Posts
well well smarty pants lol..

maybe he'd like a spare box or somethin..:buttkick:
Well a fist gen box wont fit a second gen truck there double smarty pants so my question still stands!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
i didnt know what he had..i thought it was an 01 .fred..dont get snooty with me..or i will cum spank yur bum..next weekend lol

·
Banned
1,844 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
So any word on how much the salvage was??, I got a wiring harness or 2 laying around, fixed a few of those so called writeoffs from the insurance company.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was $1350, but I got called back to work early so just took the payout... I know I could have parted her for much more, but don't have the space or inclination. Plus that $1350 has already started to pimp out my new truck!
S.

·
Registered
591 Posts
How come no one asked yet how a 1st gen caught fire??? lol

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Insurance did take pretty good care of me...
S.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Insurance did take pretty good care of me...
S.
Meloche Monnex is what we got everything insured with now......They were good to me too, about $4,000 over what I paid for my MC and the add ons. Should've bought back the MC but same deal, no place to put it, asked on DTR if anyone wants it, but everyone wanted it after it was too late......

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
hey daniella ,,when ya cummin back to calgary

1 - 20 of 22 Posts