Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Insurance coverage with a dpf/egr delete

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  kevinc2004 
#1 ·
Do you think you would have problems getting the insurance company to fix your truck if you wrecked it while having a dpf delete? I guess you just tow it to your house and reinstall everything. What do you guys think?

#3 ·
Actually the ecm records what you were doing like 5 seconds before you crash. IE speed, how hard you were braking, how hard you pressed on the go peddle.

#5 ·
I understand that, but in what sort of real-world application would apply to this scenario to the degree that your insurance company would order such a test to determine fault? I certainly don't mean any offense but I think that you are trying to pick the fly out of the pepper.

#8 ·
Gregh514, they wouldn't order a test like that. I just said that cause it popped in my head. I wasn't trying to put down anything you said.

#9 ·
I guess this is another one of my stupid/pointless questions.::S: Sometimes I think too far into things.

#10 ·
lets say you removed the dpf and somehow it caused a fire and destroyed the truck, and the insurance company found out it was illegal to remove it. id say theyd most likely turn you down under those circumstances....

#12 ·
I think most Fires would be started By the DPF or cat's due to the Heat they put out ?

If you removed either it would make the truck/car safer fire wise i would think! by making the EGT lower ...

Far as the Insurance Paying or not they can find all kinda reasons to not pay since people love to mod :~) if they can Connect the mod to the Wreck so that it shows probable cause for said wreck then they wouldn't pay..,And Claim you Made the Truck unsafe and are liable for damage caused by the mod...be it larger tires,Exhaust Modification,Tunners,..ETC.....

It would work Like warranty work,they would have to Prove the Mod caused the Issue at hand Before they could refuse to pay I would Think...

Bump them! Mod On Brother Life is short ....

#15 ·
Recorder Information

Insurance Investigators routinely download the information from ALL wrecked vehicles from 1996 to present to use in determining fault for auto wrecks. This has been done for years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.