Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my uncle has a 05' 2500. Things happening: truck won't shift into 4th/OD, MPH needle moves in 3-5mph increments. Ok, things that have been replaced: rebuild trans, new PNRDL switch replaced with at transmission shop. So here is what we found: no codes active, no check engine light, truck will drive fine if unplug the instrument clust. Had the cluster sent to a guy who said he fixed/soldered some components. My uncle said he had this done a year ago and hadn't had a issue since. All the sudden this issue is back. We did open the cluster and tried soldering the same components that looked like the guy had done. It worked for about day. Could buy a new/used cluster, but afraid it will have the same issue in the future. Any help?

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
Pull cluster codes??
Only thing you can try is tracing what circuits you are actually having issues with in cluster and make sure no issues.
Info to properly diagnose cluster found in 2005 FSM Section 8j in newbies guide.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Did you happen to put a tune on it? After I loaded in my EFI Live, the RPM gauge will continuously spin backwards. It's honestly funny to watch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts