Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2inch Tuff Country lift. 2" coil spacers up front and 1.5" add a leafs in back. Also got a bds trac bar bracket to keep stuff in line. And the adjustable sway bar end links from tuff country. Has any one used any of this equipment, and have any input on them. this truck is driven daily, 45 min to work and 45 min back home. Mostly getting lifted for looks, and a little tire and ground clearance. This truck tows sometimes, and moderate off road use.

Thanks,

2004 ram 2500 4x4 QC SB, HO, 4.10, Auto

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
spacers alright, probablywont need the rear, and do not lower you t-bar , get an adjustable one, the angle difference from t-bar and steering WILL create bumpsteer. BUMPSTEER= REALLY BAD THINGS AT SPEED

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was wanting to be alittle cheaper cant afford 300 for trac bar.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
you wont really need it, your axle will shift to the right, but not much, not a real issue, dont move your t-bar without moving your steering, besides it dosnt need it

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about the offset axle or supposed death woble

·
Registered
531 Posts
I installed this lift a few weeks ago. Rides a little stiffer but its nice.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did u use any trac bar of sway bar correction?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
death wobble comes from many things, but you can be certain that if you drop you t-bar and not your steering,you WILL end up with bumpsteer shortly followed by DEATHWOBBLE. make sure you steering and t-bar ARE PARRALLEL with each other, also the more parrallel to the ground would also be a plus.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
As far as steering correction i know i wil have to get allingment and correct the drag link what else should i do, or be worried about? wouldn't installing trac bar bracket be the same as installing a longer trac bar? If i leave it factory does it cause any premature wear, as I would not be able to purchase a longer adjustable trac bar for several months?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
the adjustable ones keep the angle the same, just makes it longer, the drop bracket drops the frame down, thus changing the angles. as far as alignment goes , , gotta check your sig , be right back

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
ok , if you have the crossover steering, solid link knuckle to knuckle, you dont need an alignment, it wont change, only your steering wheel will move, when your done drive the truck alittle and when its driving straight stop, then the adjuster by the steering box will adjust only the steering wheel. male it center and done, it may take a couple of trys. if you need any help or personal talking send me your number in a pm. later

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
in your profile you put your trucks info, sometimes helps others know how to answer, havnt done mine either,

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2004 2500 4x4 QC SB 5.9HO 4.10 Auto (early 04)
whats SIG?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
its the info everyone has at the bottom of all their posts. you probably will need an alignment, you have an inverted Y steering setup, you should look into the steering upgrade for 08 up steering, your toe on the alignment dosnt change with suspension movement.

·
Registered
265 Posts
sig stands for signature, after you've logged in to the webite there is a link that says "user cp" in a black toolbar near the top left of the page, click that and you can edit your signature to include all the info you want about your truck.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
there are aftermarket one but i got mine from dodge, around 300 but its all new heavy steering linkage and new tierodends ,top to bottom side to side, already assembled, if you like your alignment you can change it with out jackingup the truck, thus not changing your alignment,.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
my sig now shows up under the post, just lets everyone know what youve got.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok good to know for future. so is the trac bar bracket a good idea, bad idea, good temporary fix etc.? and does anyone know how to set the adjustable sway bar endlinks, instructions say how install but not how to set them up for proper length.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts