Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Boost, EGT, and Trans gauges and wanted to see from you guys that have them, should I try to install these myself or is it a pain in the butt? Ive got the gauges in the pod and in the truck, but was trying to figure out if I should try to install the wires myself or should I take it to someone??

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,561 Posts
i was lookin for some help as well on gage install.
sounds like a good way to get around to meeting some folks.

im in texas as well, where you at in tx ?
maybe we can do a double install.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Runninpony, those are slick lookin gauges man, what kind are they ?

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speedhut.com is where I got them. Started to make me some crazy custom gauges like you can do on their site but decided to just go plain white face just like the stock gauges are. Looks good without looking like rice,,LOL. Highly recommend these gauges for anyone thats looking, they are very high quality.

Elephantrider, I live outside of Longview.

·
Registered
577 Posts
i got a dipricol kit from fte ... i hooked the red wire to the power and the black to the ground ... ran another to the ground and one to the fuse box to light the gauges up

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Local shop told me $100 to install the gauges,,,looks like Im gonna take the easy way out!!

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,561 Posts
Elephantrider, I live outside of Longview.
pony, if you dont get them installed here in the next few weeks, maybe we can get together and do a double install.

i need to make a trip over to l'view to see some folks, so maybe we can work something out.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
what types of guages are ya'll getting if you get the Dipricol you just hook up 4 wires I believe run your thermocouple wire/boost line and thats it. really easy install only part that might be a pain (but not really hard) is installing the thermocouple. I am pretty sure genos garage and diesel manor both have installation instructions on there sites if you need help. just thought I would throw that out there. Put mine in myself took me about 4hrs but I had to run to town and get a tap for the pyro (haha long story), and forgot to order the sender extender for the trans guage.

·
Cummins CrAzY
1,366 Posts
Just some friendly advice. Take your time and make all the wire nice and neat. I just took mine down to install a fuel psi and it was like a rat had been in there. I had to redo everything!

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
For $100.00 You'd be nuts not to have them install them.... Good Luck on the install
I agree 90%. After I installed mine I felt I learned a little something. But $100 is a great deal-- don't pass that up!:thumbsup

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went ahead and set up to have them install them for $100. Im way too lazy to pass that up!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
genos garage has install instructions! it is real easy, save your 100 for another bomb! it's really not hard at all and like others you will enjoy doing it at the same time.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,561 Posts
yep, ive been studying the directions on diesel manor, and they are very very good.
will prolly use those for the install this weekend.

cant wait !

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
where are they doing that ?
i'm down with a $100 install.
C&C Kustoms. Ive been reading the install directions as well and there is no doubt that I could do it. But I know the guys at C&C very well as they have done work on several of my vehicles and I would rather let them do it,,,I always seem to break something!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts