Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying a Banks Exhaust Brake for my 2006 Ram 3500. Does anyone have experience self installing one? Banks does not have online instructions so I can't tell how difficult it is to install. Thanks for any help.
CB Traveler

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
On mine it was a little involved. I did a Bd brake, and had to tap into quite a number of wires, and adjust a little microswitch once it was in. If you can put in a stereo, the wiring will be a breeze, and if you can replace brake pads, the brake itself won't be too bad. Mine uses the engine vacuum, so I didn't need a compressor, but I can't imagine that's too hard.

If you have a stick, the little clamp on switch is REALLY nice to have, and if you have an auto, I think you need something to make the converter lock up right.

I must say you should make sure you need one. If you have a variable displacement turbo, there's an aftermarket kit to change the vanes' pitch to make your TURBO be your brake just like the newest trucks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts