Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok today I was checking out places on my truck to install the Amsoil BMK-25 dual filter oil bypass system.
I had lots of good advice and pictures from members.
Some had mounted it on the passenger side frame. Others between the wheel well and bumper and one who had it somewhere under the front suspension..
What about attaching it to the top of the air horn with the ends of the filters facing forward towards the radiator
I have been on the TDR website and found that there may be a kit to install it to the motor using existing threaded holes.
Any help would be appreciated

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Ok today I was checking out places on my truck to install the Amsoil BMK-25 dual filter oil bypass system.
I had lots of good advice and pictures from members.
Some had mounted it on the passenger side frame. Others between the wheel well and bumper and one who had it somewhere under the front suspension..
What about attaching it to the top of the air horn with the ends of the filters facing forward towards the radiator
I have been on the TDR website and found that there may be a kit to install it to the motor using existing threaded holes.
Any help would be appreciated
Go on to Amsoil's web site and look at the mounting locations for the bypass kits. Theirs hundreds of them. Amsoil DOES NOT recomend mounting to the motor. I made a braket that I welded to my frame on the passenger side and spot welded some flat plate in front to protect them. But I was one of the people that had problems with the dual kit and had to get the BMK-21 instead. I hope you don't have any oil pressure issues with that kit on your 06.

· Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ram'n it..
I have been to the Amsoil site but did not find the hundreds you mention only a few and they were mostly for the BMK-11 single filter bypass which is much easier to install. Maybe Im not looking in the right spot on their web site.. I have heard of problems with the older bypass system but Amsoil has done some rework and has supplied a larger Dia. hose. I would like to avoid the frame mount as some complain of a hum inside the cab after doing the install. I will keep looking.

· Registered
133 Posts
Keep us posted...

....I have had my BMK 25 for several months now, almost a year. I have been worried about the low oil pressure. I have looked at several locations for the mount but nothing different than what you say. Keep us posted on what you decide!

· Diesel Head
1,467 Posts
Unless something has changed I think it's a big gamble to install that dual setup on your truck.

Why not just go with the single?

pics in my garage of where mine is mounted.

· Registered
133 Posts
...well...

....now what are we supposed to do with the BMK 25? I am a little lazy and wanted to locate the full flow to an easier location.

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Go to this address and scroll down to your truck year and modle. Remember all 03-07 are the same. Although most will be with the single kit because that's what they recomend on these trucks. AMSOIL By-Pass Filter Bypass Installations
Also if any one has any problems with thier kits, Amsoil will send you a new kit of your choice at no charge, and upon you shipping the old one back they will call you and give you a refund on your shipping charges too. Amsoil has the greatest customer service I have ever dealt with. They make it real hard to get mad at them. The location mounting was the hardest part of the whole instal. The single kit is still a dual kit, just not side by side, and is way easier to install. Just don't mount to the motor, or flat and keep away from the exhaust. Lines shouldn't be more than 4ft either way also.

· Registered
214 Posts
Go to this address and scroll down to your truck year and modle. Remember all 03-07 are the same. Although most will be with the single kit because that's what they recomend on these trucks. AMSOIL By-Pass Filter Bypass Installations
Also if any one has any problems with thier kits, Amsoil will send you a new kit of your choice at no charge, and upon you shipping the old one back they will call you and give you a refund on your shipping charges too. Amsoil has the greatest customer service I have ever dealt with. They make it real hard to get mad at them. The location mounting was the hardest part of the whole instal. The single kit is still a dual kit, just not side by side, and is way easier to install. Just don't mount to the motor, or flat and keep away from the exhaust. Lines shouldn't be more than 4ft either way also.
subscribing!!! I'm waiting for my Amsoil dual by-pass kit that I just ordered... need as much info on how to install it as possible... keep it comming guys!:sofa1:

· Cummins Nut
681 Posts
yea just got mine BMK-25 and looking for a home for her...... wheel well is a little scary, and in front of the tire isn't going to work ,ordered the s&b intake and the ram air portion will be going there as soon as it is offered ......wheel well with a flip down cover is what it is going to have to be................

· Diesel Head
1,467 Posts

· Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its interesting about the dual BMK-25. I was on the Amsoil web site and they listed vehicles so I scrolled down and saw Dodge with 5.9L cummins Diesel. So I clicked that and it said the BMK-25 was the by pass to use for Dodge trucks... Check it out.. So here I am with this box of parts and a big trip to Arizona planned...I have a plan... I will take pictures and show yall what I come up with... It all depends on if I can get the hood closed...

· Diesel Head
1,467 Posts
Its interesting about the dual BMK-25. I was on the Amsoil web site and they listed vehicles so I scrolled down and saw Dodge with 5.9L cummins Diesel. So I clicked that and it said the BMK-25 was the by pass to use for Dodge trucks... Check it out.. So here I am with this box of parts and a big trip to Arizona planned...I have a plan... I will take pictures and show yall what I come up with... It all depends on if I can get the hood closed...
Everyone considering installing this BMK-25 PLEASE DO SOME RESEARCH.

I don't care that Amsoil says it is fine with our Cummins... if you install it you better make sure you have a REAL oil pressure gauge to verify you are not losing oil pressure. I have been on these boards for a long time and have heard of nothing but problems when you remote mount the full flow filter. Leave the stock filter location ALONE... it ain't that hard to remove the stock filter for Pete's sake. :banghead:

· Registered
214 Posts
Unless something has changed I think it's a big gamble to install that dual setup on your truck.

Why not just go with the single?

pics in my garage of where mine is mounted.
can it actually damage engene because of low pressure?

· Diesel Head
1,467 Posts
Do a search here or on Dieseltruckresource and I'm sure you'll find a lot of info. I've offered what I can to this thread.

· Registered
133 Posts
Looks good!

How do you get the filters on/off? Looks like very little room? Any pressure issues as mentioned?

Eddy

· Cummins Nut
681 Posts
How do you get the filters on/off? Looks like very little room? Any pressure issues as mentioned?

Eddy
the filters have just enough room to clear to take them off maybe about 1/2 from the frame .... when mounted to the housing there is about a inch from the frame to the filter..... the pic is from the center of the filter and makes it look like it is almost touching but there is plenty of room ,,,,dont need anything rubbing

The pressure are about 10 pounds less with this installed reading from the gauge in the truck.

not trusting that info hooked up at the filter housing
with a real gauge

the gauge at idle with the engine warm and presure gauge hook up on the filter housing the pressure was 26 psi ...the tech manual sayes 10 psi idle so still well above that... 2500 rpm the pressure is around 45 psi tech manual sayes 30 psi and at 50 psi the engine oil bypasses the filter per the built in valve ..so with the BKM-25 i dont see a pressure problem at all ,, I just wished i had hooked up to check out the info before the bypass system was installed :doh:

from the manual here are the oem specs
SPECIFICATION SPECIFICATION
At Idle 69 kPa (10 psi)
@ 2500 rpm 207 kPa (30 psi)
Regulating Valve Opening Pressure 517 kPa (75 psi)
Oil Filter Bypass Pressure Setting 344.75 kPa (50 psi)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.