Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

installed xrt and 5" tbe

624 9
got my xrt in the mail today! me and a freind got the xrt, 5"tbe and egr and cooler deletes installed in about 3 hours. everything was super easy to install and the exhaust sounds great! the only problem that i have is that my trans wont hold the horse power. i guess its slipping. the motor just revs out and the truck isnt pulling any harder. guess i gotta find a new trans. i have an auto trans with 41,000 miles, im going to check the fluid tomorrow to see if its burnt. i just wanted to give a big thank you too h&s and to rolling smoke for great products and great customer service :yourock:
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Unreconstructed
24,944 Posts
It's obviosly powerful if it instantaniously crystalized the converter disks...LOL

Glad to hear you like the XRT!

· Unreconstructed
24,944 Posts
That is correct.

Stock tranny, stock rear-end, front-end, stock head, stock injectors, stock cP3 etc...

Only got my deletes, 175 tune, 5" TBE, and AFE Mega-Cannon II intake.

Runs like a scalded dog!

Can't wait until I get the money to do my twins, 120 hp stix, and dual-fueler cP3's...

But for now...that's just an oily-dream...LOL

· Silver Bullet
253 Posts
I hear you ive spent enough this month with the xrt and delets and now the 40s i bought that i hope clear. I still got to get some kind of monitor for egts and boost, and upgrade the tranny this summer. But the way that these fires are allready going over here in california i should have some pretty big ot checks. Im still going to run the 175 tune though, if you can do it, i can do it.lol

· Unreconstructed
24,944 Posts
I don't even have any gauges.

I'll be getting the Black Maxx once available. That way I'll have all my gauges. Know what I mean?

However, H&S should be releaseing their gauges for the XRT pretty soon...They'll be pretty badass too! You might just wanna wait on those and get one of those digital gauge clusters for your truck? That's what I'd do...

Why buy mechanical gauges when you can have extremely accurate digital ones...Oh, and they WILL be accurate, remember who's making it... This ain't gonna be no PMT!!! LOL

· Unreconstructed
24,944 Posts
Well, I wasn't talking about the Black Maxx for gauges.

I was talkin about a seperate digital gauge cluster for the XRT.

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the truck has been completely stock until last night. and the only thing on it is the xrt, 5"tbe and the erg deletes. i jumped right to the 120 tune and at first i thought i didnt download the tune properly but then i figured out what was going on. i was dissapointed. i thought i would be able to play with it for a while before i toasted the trans. and its alittle wierd b/c i have never been hard on the truck, i do tow some but that shouldnt have hurt anything. are there any good aftermarket converters and trans available yet? what trans fluid is everyone running?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.