Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

installed the smoke wsitch but have a question...

867 Views 12 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  smokin texas goat
i hooked up the smoke switch to the edge ez and it works good but i have noticed it is giving out more smoke even when it is off.. so i wanted to know why it might do this.. and is the smoke switch going to mess anything up on the chip (will it fry it) or is it ok? i just used some wire taps to hook it up and it still runs normal but i dont know why it is smoking more now even with the switch off... any ideas?:confused013:
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
i hooked up the smoke switch to the edge ez and it works good but i have noticed it is giving out more smoke even when it is off.. so i wanted to know why it might do this.. and is the smoke switch going to mess anything up on the chip (will it fry it) or is it ok? i just used some wire taps to hook it up and it still runs normal but i dont know why it is smoking more now even with the switch off... any ideas?:confused013:
No man it wont fry your chip, iv nearly been running mine for almost a year and it hasnt hurt anything. Maybe the solution to your "smoking more with the switch off" is that since you put the switch on it you've been looking more carefully at your pipe looking for smoke.

And tell me how do you like the smoke switch? Getting decent coal?

· Registered
185 Posts
yeah let me know how you like the smoke switch. and texas goat, what do you think a boost fooler will do with that ez im getting off you

· Registered
274 Posts
and texas goat, what do you think a boost fooler will do with that ez im getting off you
If im not mistaken the ez is a boost fooler, but im not for shore, search it and see what you can find. O and i should have the Ez off in two weeks :thumbsup:

· Registered
185 Posts
yeah well im going to put a smoke switch for sure. do you like yours

· Registered
185 Posts
yeah do you know where i can pick one up cheap? and does that ez have everything to go with it and how long have you had it?

· Registered
274 Posts
yeah do you know where i can pick one up cheap? and does that ez have everything to go with it and how long have you had it?
Its got everything with it. Iv had it for 2 years, and it says 2003 on the the module.

· Registered
185 Posts
yeah man i got someone to buy my superchips but i dont want to let it go until i get yours. do you know where i can get a smoke switch

· Registered
274 Posts
yeah man i got someone to buy my superchips but i dont want to let it go until i get yours. do you know where i can get a smoke switch
Alls you need is a toggle switch, two wire taps, and about 10 feet of wire :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.