Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed new 50hp injectors and when i started the truck it ran really rough then started to smooth out. but it still acts like it is running on 5cylinders and help would be great.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
im assuming you bleed the lines before you hooked them back up? If you already did you might want to try it one more time to see if there is any air in them

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i bled the lines and thats when it started to run smoother. i cant bleed #2 becuase of intake maybe there is air stuck in it. how do i bleed it

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
after letting truck sit for a little bit it wont start. added just a small shot of starting fluid started up still running rough. rebleed all injectors except #2. still the same any more ideas.

·
Registered
529 Posts
It should be okay. When I istalled my injectors it ran ruffer then you know what at idle. When I got on the skinny pedal it went away, but as soon as I went back to idle it started to shake more than normal. Everyone I talk to said nothing is wrong or that stuff happens when you mod them up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mine doesnt go away when on the pedal. and it wont restart after sitting for a little bit has to be leaking back some where.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i probably made some stupid little mistake somewhere. but i have heard of bad injectors even though they are new i wonder if thats what is wrong? please any more help would be great. this is my work truck i need it tomarrow for work. i might have to put the stock injectors back in it tonight.

·
Registered
308 Posts
make sure all the injectors are tight

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when i bleed them it runs a little rougher while leaking except on #1 cylinder runs the same i think i might pull it and put stock one back in and see if it runs better

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Don't do that. It will be terrible. It is very important that the injectors match. Probably what has happened is some crud got into the injector. Cleanliness is absolutely critical for ANY work on the other side of the filter. It also could be a leaky injector seal causing trouble. The injectors automatically bleed off air. Once you get it running, the air bleeds off pretty much by itself. It's not air.

If it's the injector seal, it will bleed off enough compression to have a dead cylinder.

Personally, I would pull that injector, remove the tip, and try and clean the tip as best as possible. Even a microscopic speck of grit will plug a port in the tip. Maybe take a look at the injector washer, too.

I think most the rumors about tip issues are wrong. I think errors during installation are a much more likely cause. It is EXTREMELY easy to contaminate them. I am sure there are, have been and will be defective tips, but I also think they will be, have been and are EXTREMELY rare.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks i will try that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
talked to the person i ordered injectors from and they are sending a few new injectors. no change in rough running after swapping #1 and #3. but when i bleed lines while running it gets rougher when 1 is cracked and not when 3 is opposite of before i swapped. took injector tip off and cleaned no difference. was clean inside anyways. but i did notice the same thing with #5 and #6 no change when lines were cracked.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
U might have just unvaled a failing vp...that's how I found mine when I installed my 100hp injectors...could not get 2 idle smooth...not saying this ur issue but it might be. A failing vp cud flow well enough 4 stock but when u ask 2 do more than that it just can't flow enough...good luck

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i just put a new fass 150 and new vp44 in febuary. i hope it is not the problem.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i installed the second set of injectors still runs bad. only running on 3 cylinders. so after talking to my supplier i switched all back to stock injectors noiw runs great again. sending all 12 injectors back. i will try some different ones.

·
Registered
788 Posts
When you crack the lines loose its going to run bad. Thats just the way it is. Thats a great way to know what cylinders bad though. Go through 13456 ONE AT A TIME crack them loose.If it runs worse while loose, then goes back to how it was before when tight its good. If it does NOT change the idle, Thats the one to inspect. If all of them effect the idle then try #2 because you cant do that one while idling or just idle the truck w.o the intake on the head.

. I'm wondering if you may have 2 of those brass washers on one nozzle. I forgot to put a washer on one of my nozzles once and it was so bad i couldnt get it outta the garage.
when or if you find the bad cylinder, Pull it out, make sure the washer is on the nozzle and shine a light down the head and see if theres another one down there stuck to the bottom. I've seen this before too and it takes a steady hand and a coat hanger to get the stuck washer out of there. check back and let us know.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it runs good right now with stock injectors back in it. i pulled them and they all only have 1 washer on them.i think the pop pressure is off. the supplier said his manufacture admitted to having problems with them lately.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
your system will bleed air out in an matter of minutes...it will bleed the air in the system now if your drawing air into the system then obviously it will never bleed out...you got some junk injectors bud...may i ask what brand...i had serious troubles with my edge injectors...were they a home brew or a reputable company? if i was you look into f1 injectors they are a little pricey best freakin injectors ive ever owned hands down...like they say in the diesel world you get what u you pay for

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i ordered them from a reputable company but i dont know the manufacture. they are taking good care of me. i am sending the old ones back and they are going to send me some custom ones this time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts