Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st off - was very impressed at the Edge product. The wire harness I had to install under the hood was awesome & a monkey could have plugged it in. I love the display & how much you can do with it.

QUESTION IS. I Had / & still have the bullydog Tripplepup that came out of the truck. It might sound silly, but the bully dog set on Extreme had more low end power & DEFF. tossed alot more black smoke. You could sit at a red light, slowly put the pedal to the floor & back off while on the brake & put a nice cloud of black smoke onto your buddy next to you. Also out of a red light the bullydog puts you back in the seat harder. I even would turn one programmer on, and the other off to compare so I didn't think it was in my head.

Is the Edge Juice w/ Attitude & the Bullydog Tripple pup compatible in anyway? I thought I read the tripple pup is OK to stack if you put it in the 1st setting, the "TOW ECONOMY" setting because of rail pressure but I could be wrong.

Or is it possible to turn the Edge down to setting 1. or 2, turn the Bullydog back up to extreme or performance & get the best out of both worlds. I'd have the gauges that I like (and the most important PYRO GAUGE that I put it today) and the performance & ability to SOOT the person next to you at a red light.

Before I get flamed, I know black smoke is wasted fuel. But you know it looks bad a$$ some times!!

I can't believe how F'n fast these Cummins are. They have enough power to drift a 6,000+ lb truck like it is a Mustang 5.0!!! Even with 37" tires it smokes traction like its a joke.

Sorry for dumb questions, better to ask than to melt a piston or cylinder head.

-Jay. (very happy guy he sold his duramax) :lol3:

·
Registered
277 Posts
The Juice is great, but isn't a real smoker unless you get the hot upgrade. I don't know anything about the Pup, but I know anything that is pressure only runs real well with the Juice. If you haven't all ready, get that lift pump upgraded too! Be warned, the edge will raise EGT's fast and high on the higher settings

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not unlock the hot code, just drove it in "extreme".

Just for s*its & giggles, I turned the eDge back to stock & my bulldog back to extreme & took it for a rip. Went good, on the monitor I ran 30 to 31 lbs of boost (edge monitor). Just cause I was curious, I put the edge just on level 1, the fuel setting & took it for another rip with the bullydog still on extreme. I was running near like 37/38 lbs of boost, truck blows the tires off sideways & smokes like a train!!

I only did it for a short burst, the previous owner of my truck put the Pyro AFTER the turbo so I don't get a good reading, it only shows the truck runs 500-800 degree's even on a full throttle "ROMP". I'll put the correct Pyro in the manifold tomorrow so I can be assured not to melt anything. The turbo timer on the edge is awesome!

I'll order a stronger lift pump tomorrow, I am sure that thing is working overtime to support that much fuel.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Glad to see you enjoy your juice. I like mine. I would not advise stacking the pup and the juice, too much timing and that can be hard on head gaskets! Get the hot code and stack it with an aggressive pressure box, like TS mp8 and it roll some coal for ya:thumbsup You will really love your juice once you get a better lift pump to feed it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info - last thing I want to do is blow the head off the truck @ 26k miles. I am going to unlock the "hot" setting tomorrow & un-install the bullydog so I don't get tempted.

Have never heard of the TS mp8. Who makes it? I'll do a search for it & see what I find.

Tomorrow I am going to order a lift pump, I don't want to burn this one out.

Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Have never heard of the TS mp8. Who makes it? I'll do a search for it & see what I find.
The mp8 is made by TS performance, a pretty aggressive pressure box that raises pressure across the rail.

Other good pressure boxes are the Edge EZ, Dr. P Predator and the Diablo sport power puck.:thumbsup

I have the TS ramifier which was the early MP8, wayy back when it waus a dodge only box.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
the smarty stacks well

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
the smarty stacks well
See I have heard mixed reviews on the smarty/juice stack on the common rails. Of course I have no first hand experience with it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The mp8 is made by TS performance, a pretty aggressive pressure box that raises pressure across the rail.

Other good pressure boxes are the Edge EZ, Dr. P Predator and the Diablo sport power puck.:thumbsup

I have the TS ramifier which was the early MP8, wayy back when it waus a dodge only box.
What part of Mass. are you from? I live in Middleboro & work in Weymouth.

I am ordering a lift pump in the morning, so I am going to order a power puck or a TS mp8.

Thanks for the info!!! :beer

I still can't believe how fast this truck is

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The triple dog stacks well with the edge....the power pup is a horrible stack with the edge.....lots of timing knock and no power.....run your triple dog on extreme and adjust the edge after that....I have had great luck with that stack on my 06

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The triple dog stacks well with the edge....the power pup is a horrible stack with the edge.....lots of timing knock and no power.....run your triple dog on extreme and adjust the edge after that....I have had great luck with that stack on my 06
I only tried it with the bullydog tripple pup on extreme & the edge on "1" (mileage). I didn't hear any knock, but the truck took off like a raped date in a wall of tire smoke off the line. I am new to the whole rail pressure, time, injector pulse thing of what programmer does what - so I am really trying to ask 1,000,000 questions so I don't blow the truck up.

What power level do you have your edge on w/ the bullydog in extreme? Been running that stack for awhile?

Thanks!! :woot:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Well I am running compounds stage four injectors twin cp3 and fass 150 pump....I do know the stock turbo will not handle the egts....and without the pump your going to run out of fuel...but as I said the triple dog....not the power pup is a great stack for me soo far...I have run the td on extreme the cl and cummins torque setting...and the edge on the hot 6 unlock...haven't found much around to beat me lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Small world! I live in Weymouth and I go to BSC. :beer Where do you work in weymouth?
I wholesale cars & have an office right in south weymouth on the rockland strip over by the airbase, runs from the south shore hospital, threw Columbian square - up to the sullivan tire in rockland. If you know weymouth, we work out of the old "bobs Collision" building. 185 Liberty street (street changes names 500 times from liberty to union, to sharp, to vfw parkway...).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I am running compounds stage four injectors twin cp3 and fass 150 pump....I do know the stock turbo will not handle the egts....and without the pump your going to run out of fuel...but as I said the triple dog....not the power pup is a great stack for me soo far...I have run the td on extreme the cl and cummins torque setting...and the edge on the hot 6 unlock...haven't found much around to beat me lol
sounds like you have a SERIOUS truck!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts