Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part # 68149259AC. Bought from steve white motors on ebay. $91.52 shipped. Had it two days later. Gasket is between cardboard in box. I used a 5/16" 6pt 1/4" drive socket for the new star bolts. My old cover was flaky, and this cover is pretty cool too. Should fit all 11.5" AAM rear axles.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Is That a Ram PN# ?
That price is about half what the name brand ones run.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, ram part #.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Yup great price for the cover. Been debating on getting one of these or a mag cover. How many quarts did it take to fill with this cover?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have one as well, came from the dealer with a silicone gasket w/ crush washers, bolts & lock tite, no issues as well, only issue is no drain plug, but for $250 I can pull the cover to change the diffy fluid

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Well looks like I'll need more Amsoil for my rear diff. Need to change the gear oil so I figured I'll treat myself and get one of these covers can't wait till it arrives.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
this should fit any AAM 11.5 correct even if it's a 2010, I've been thinking about buying one of these

·
Registered
58 Posts
any benefit to this install? Does it just look cool, I'm sure the raised grills help with cooling, but I wasn't aware diff cooling was that big a deal?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
any benefit to this install? Does it just look cool, I'm sure the raised grills help with cooling, but I wasn't aware diff cooling was that big a deal?
The whole reason Mopar came out with this cover design is for cooling. If you look at them online for sale most will say in the description they came on the 3500 dually's which are meant for towing. But can be installed on any 2500-3500 11.5 Aam some applications I've seen where the sway bar made contact but some fine trimming on the cover fins and problem solved. Differential cooling is a big deal if you tow a lot and or high performance applications. Those expensive fancy diff covers ain't just for looks they serve a purpose and some allow more oil capacity for additional cooling along with the fins.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
this should fit any AAM 11.5 correct even if it's a 2010, I've been thinking about buying one of these
My truck is a 2010.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I added this to my 12, but I bought and used stainless steel cap screws instead of the factory bolts.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
^ it should as other guys in this thread added it to there 12's should fit any and all 11.5's only thing that may get in the way is some sway bars.

·
Registered
74 Posts
No pictures? Does this really extend the fluid life? What do think a reasonable temp drop would be, 20 or 30 degrees?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Mine came in the mail yesterday. Looks good but I wish it was just a tad bit thicker. Won't take much to crack the cover if something hits it. I don't know what kind of temp difference it will make but there was a guy that used a temp gun to record the stock covers temp but he didn't get around to installing this cover and record the difference yet.

Reactions: nick6253

·
Registered
74 Posts
That looks good, Thank you for posting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts