Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
For sure .. my other option is to list this turbo with one whole drive down the road on it .. sell it and get what I want ... who knows it might get trashed doing all this stuff to it then I’m rebuilding two possibly three turbos in the end lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Have you tried to buy a takeoff turbo? Guys here do third and second gen turbo swaps and they put the vgt up for sale. I have seen a few on craigs list for $400-500. Rebuilding them doesn’t look difficult and could be a fun project to get your truck going while you piece together a turbo build.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thank you for all the input as well I didn’t know where I stood and don’t have the experience yet with this kinda thing ... I’ve rebuilt my 6.4 powerstroke and customized my 7.3 as far as intake and exhaust and I’ve swapped a 6.4 powerstroke out before as well and all here at home but the fine details and knowledge of them sometimes bite my ass

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
No I haven’t I basically called all over Alberta and found that they move super quickly and with the time constraint I was in at the time I went with this turbo because it was priced in my range at the time and also nearby ... more or less impulse you could say

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I found many factory vgt replacements direct bolt up and used for 14-1500 at secondhand parts places and used ones for 500-600 selling privately online but with 0 km on it I thought it was a smarter purchase and also in my mind an upgrade ... none of the private sales were available any more because for whatever reason people need these turbos and every person I called had already sold it or it was spoken for

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

This is how I had to route the intercooler piping since the intake outlet went directly into the top of the suspension coil bracket

41 - 46 of 46 Posts