Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a repo truck. It feels like it MAY have a tune in it, but not sure... Do I need to have the dealer install a stock tune into it before I do a smarty s06 tune download? I have the smarty in my hand just waiting for a reply
Thanks

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
The smarty carrys the dodge program. You should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
I just bought a repo truck. It feels like it MAY have a tune in it, but not sure... Do I need to have the dealer install a stock tune into it before I do a smarty s06 tune download? I have the smarty in my hand just waiting for a reply
Thanks
The smarty carrys the dodge program. You should be good to go.
if it has a modified tune loaded the Smarty will not work, it HAS to see a stock tune. If it won't load because of the modified tune, Bob Wagner can get you a recovery file so you can get the old tune out and load the Smarty

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Learn something new everyday.

Edit: it even says that in the instructions, to make sure it is a stock program before installing the smarty.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Worked great, just trying to figure out what level is best now, thanks alot!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is that streetable and does it smoke a ton? I have tried all the settings and if I floor it off the line they all smoke like crazy I really do not want to smoke that much if possible

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was mostly kidding!

i have found the best way to keep smoke down is to keep the torque at 1. i have a pretty tight converter, doesn't smoke much if i'm gentle, and i have 90's and twins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts